Win Windows 10 Fresh install
Thumbs Down 
No bueno.  Crashes 3 seconds after load.  Brand new Kodi Install - GETTING APPLICATION ERROR

the machine-default permission do not grantLoca Activationpermission...\Frevo SID

i'VE SEARCHED AROUND AND FOUND NOTHING.  I HAVE NO ADDONS
It's a brand new install and ***nothing*** works.

I'll just leave this here.

KODI was good whilst it lasted, but moving over to VLC.
(2021-05-11, 19:22)___Rooler Wrote: KODI was good whilst it lasted, but moving over to VLC.
I could turn this around a bit, Windows was good while it lasted. Appears to be a permission's error with windows. Bye!
What a pointless first post...
(2021-05-11, 20:00)jools5000 Wrote: What a pointless first post...

No, my first post was years ago.  The point I was trying to make:
1. Install O/S
2. Service Pack it - and lock it down.
3. Install/Format media Drive
4. Add media.
5. Install/configure Kodi.  << FAIL
6. Install VLC - pass

...please don't attack me ~ I am a end-user trying to access media I already ***OWN***
(2021-05-11, 19:45)PatK Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 19:22)___Rooler Wrote: KODI was good whilst it lasted, but moving over to VLC.
I could turn this around a bit, Windows was good while it lasted. Appears to be a permission's error with windows. Bye!
Agreed.  It does indeed appear to be a permission issue and yes Windows was good, but it was frstration with Linux(Mint) that really frustrated me. Thanks!
I think the point was more that there's little information in your post (other than an attack towards Kodi).

If you are happy with VLC and want to leave it at that then fine, but if you want us to try and help get things running then we need more information. Start with what's in the debug log (wiki) that should have been created. It should be on your drive under %appdata%/Kodi (type that into Windows Explorer to open the folder) then copy and paste the content of kodi.log into our paste site (paste.kodi.tv) and save it there.

It will give you a URL, which you can then paste here to give us access to that log so we can see if there's anything shedding light on the problem.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Same for me with 19.1
https://paste.kodi.tv/yequhomuyu.kodi

Works fine in 19.0
19.1 works fine when executing with administrators rights !
I suggest execute the administrators.
Also ensure you let the vs2019 visual c runtime install (it is included in Kodi windows desktop installer but can be  "deselected" during install).  Check your windows settings "apps & features" and look for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable 14.28.29914

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Fresh install0