v19 Home automation
Hello.

Does any of you know a home automation plugin for the new Kodi 19?
I found the add-on, Kodi Callback, but it's for the old Kodi 18.
(I would like to automate lights and curtains/blinds for a better home cinema experience. - I use KODI on Nvidia Shield)
It depends a bit on what's at the other ends actually controlling the automation.

For example, if it's Home Assistant then look here.

If it's just Philips Hue/Ambilight, then look here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-14, 19:34)DarrenHill Wrote: It depends a bit on what's at the other ends actually controlling the automation.

For example, if it's Home Assistant then look here.

If it's just Philips Hue/Ambilight, then look here.

Thanks.
Yes. I'm using Philips Hue, and I'm also using that Snapcase - Philips Hue service. It's just a bit limited, what it can do.

But the bigger problem for me is my curtains/blinds. I'm using them with a "Broadlink RM4 pro" to control them via radio frequencies and via Alexa.
Can I install Home Assistant and get them to work with Kodi that way?
Home assistant is a completely seperate program, although is also open source and also free - https://www.home-assistant.io/

Have a look at that and see what you think. I run it at home on a Pi4 and it works fine for my needs, and I know there are others who do use it for controlling blinds and similar.

The add-on I linked to can let you trigger stuff in Hass, and there are ways to automate it such as turning off lights when you play something.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home automation0