[split] Kodi 19.1 Startup Crash
I'm seeing a similar crash on my 2 Windows systems since trying to upgrade to 19.1
I also tried a plain vanilla/portable installation that crashes the same way:uzunejixaj.kodi (paste)
Let's try an avoid the 'me too' syndrome all in one thread.

If you have a joystick or some odd hardware connected to your PC unplug it prior to launch. If that doesn't do it, there's not much in the log showing an issue. Suggest a fresh portable instillation, prove out it's functionality then copy over the bits from you custom configuration, if the problem persists then it would likely be in the bits you copied over.
(2021-05-20, 04:21)PatK Wrote: Let's try an avoid the 'me too' syndrome all in one thread.

If you have a joystick or some odd hardware connected to your PC unplug it prior to launch. If that doesn't do it, there's not much in the log showing an issue. Suggest a fresh portable instillation, prove out it's functionality then copy over the bits from you custom configuration, if the problem persists then it would likely be in the bits you copied over.
The point with my me too reply was that I see the crash with a plain vanilla/portable installation. So no add-ons involved. And no joystick or "odd" hardware, just a plain desktop machine. Let me know if I can try something to dig deeper.
Not much to note in the log, but this "GUI format 1920x1080, Display ASUS VG248(Digital) #1: 1920x1080 @ 144.00Hz", not sure Kodi will handle the 144hz how about giving it a try at 60hz and keeping desktop at the same. Might also be good to pull the portable out of 'temp' just in case Kodi doesn't appreciate temp.
See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039181 and try the test described in Post#11
Yes, Kodi doesn't crash anymore when I disable the network. And given that I don't really have any "odd" devices in my network except for PCs, Laptops and phones, I turned some devices off. Seems that I can't have my Laptop running in the network. No more crash, once I shut that down, or put in standby.
The test build in that thread should fix it then, or wait until v19.2 comes along with the fix included.
(2021-05-28, 00:16)jjd-uk Wrote: The test build in that thread should fix it then, or wait until v19.2 comes along with the fix included.
Yup, I'll wait for 19.2. The current 19.0 works just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi 19.1 Startup Crash0