2nd Gen apple tv 4k not installing
Received the new Apple TV 4k 2nd gen on friday and both  19.0 and 19.1 are giving me: Unable to install "org.xbmc.kodi-tvos_19.1-0-tvos" errors. I have tested it on my 1st gen 4k and installs fine, and it has been so long since I used xcode I am not sure where to find out where the issue is. Any advice appreciated. Things I have done so far, created new provisioning profile, checked IOS app signer and signed with new profile. Tested on both tvos 14.5 and 14.6.
What is your install method?
Did you follow this steps https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...l_from_Mac ?
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2021-05-25, 14:18)sy6sy2 Wrote: What is your install method?
Did you follow this steps https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...l_from_Mac ?

Hi. Same method as I used with my 1st gen ATV 4K which still works and updates.
Bummer, don’t have mine yet. Is everyone having issues with the new Apple TV?
(2021-05-25, 14:35)charlie1962 Wrote: Bummer, don’t have mine yet. Is everyone having issues with the new Apple TV?

AFAIK I havent done anything different to how I originally did it on my 1st Gen. For sanity sake I just went back over the kodi install guide and repeated procedure but still the error.
I think that nobody in the Kodi team have the new 4K, so hard to test Undecided
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2021-05-25, 14:35)charlie1962 Wrote: Bummer, don’t have mine yet. Is everyone having issues with the new Apple TV?

Yes, I am having the same issue.

I'm using the same 19.1 ipa I built last week and successfully installed on my 1st gen 4k (developer account).
Well shoot! Wonder why? Little different but Kodi working fine on my iPad with the m1.
Found out that Kodi does work with the new Apple TV, (guess I can’t post links here)
(2021-05-26, 02:43)charlie1962 Wrote: Found out that Kodi does work with the new Apple TV, (guess I can’t post links here)

Could you at least give a hint for us less fortunate users?
(2021-05-26, 03:05)rlw6534 Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 02:43)charlie1962 Wrote: Found out that Kodi does work with the new Apple TV, (guess I can’t post links here)

Could you at least give a hint for us less fortunate users?

It’s an online signing service. Install a profile on your Apple TV, pay them $25 and it works. 

I’m getting my Apple TV tomorrow, let you know if I have any luck with xcode.
What version of Xcode are u using? Mine failed initially, then I got beta 12.5 v3 and it worked
(2021-05-26, 18:55)Boydford Wrote: What version of Xcode are u using? Mine failed initially, then I got beta 12.5 v3 and it worked

Nice, will give it a go this evening, a bit confused though as 12.5 is already released so you are saying the beta 3 pre release worked for you ?
(2021-05-26, 18:55)Boydford Wrote: What version of Xcode are u using? Mine failed initially, then I got beta 12.5 v3 and it worked

I was finally able to get it installed today.   I started over from the beginning and created a new project in Xcode from scratch and used iOS App Signer (as before).   The main difference I noted was that my provisioning profiles were updated in the process.   I wish I knew for certain what fixed the issue so I could pass it along.
(2021-05-26, 21:09)rlw6534 Wrote:

I was finally able to get it installed today.   I started over from the beginning and created a new project in Xcode from scratch and used iOS App Signer (as before).   The main difference I noted was that my provisioning profiles were updated in the process.   I wish I knew for certain what fixed the issue so I could pass it along.

Forgot to add this was with Xcode 12.5 (current version, non-beta).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd Gen apple tv 4k not installing0