2nd Gen apple tv 4k not installing
(2021-05-26, 21:09)rlw6534 Wrote: The main difference I noted was that my provisioning profiles were updated in the process.   I wish I knew for certain what fixed the issue so I could pass it along.

the highlighted part is the key. Whenever you build a project targeting your device (not simulator), Xcode ensures that provisioning profile includes target device by re-generating it if needed.
(2021-05-26, 22:31)kambala Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 21:09)rlw6534 Wrote: The main difference I noted was that my provisioning profiles were updated in the process.   I wish I knew for certain what fixed the issue so I could pass it along.

the highlighted part is the key. Whenever you build a project targeting your device (not simulator), Xcode ensures that provisioning profile includes target device by re-generating it if needed.
Is there a way to do this without starting a new project?  The instructions in the Kodi wiki are for older versions of Xcode and I struggled in the topshelf capability portion this time around.
(2021-05-26, 22:42)rlw6534 Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:31)kambala Wrote:

Is there a way to do this without starting a new project?  The instructions in the Kodi wiki are for older versions of Xcode and I struggled in the topshelf capability portion this time around.

I have a wip trying to automate that, but so far it semi-automatic and works only for iOS Kodi (and probably tvOS without topshelf). You could give it a shot, feedback is welcome: https://github.com/kambala-decapitator/x...ing-assets
(2021-05-27, 21:47)kambala Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:42)rlw6534 Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 22:31)kambala Wrote: the highlighted part is the key. Whenever you build a project targeting your device (not simulator), Xcode ensures that provisioning profile includes target device by re-generating it if needed.

I have a wip trying to automate that, but so far it semi-automatic and works only for iOS Kodi (and probably tvOS without topshelf). You could give it a shot, feedback is welcome: https://github.com/kambala-decapitator/x...ing-assets
Ok so gave your project a go, fired up xcode and seems by default to link back to your folder location.
Solution for me in the end was to open "Keychain access" (using command key + spacebar), delete existing key and create another. After that I used IOS app signer again to sign lateset 19.1 kodi and added it using xcode making sure that xcode was connected to the new atv.
Did we ever figure this out? Like everyone else I have it working on my previous gen 4k but not the new one. Any help would be great =)
there shouldn't be anything special, just make sure that you generate new provisioning profile that includes your new device
When I try to upload to my new Apple TV 4k 2nd gen, it fails at "Copying kodi-topshelf" and exits saying unable to install Kodi.
(2021-08-17, 10:09)kartboy16 Wrote: When I try to upload to my new Apple TV 4k 2nd gen, it fails at "Copying kodi-topshelf" and exits saying unable to install Kodi.
have you signed top shelf separately from the app as first step? Please list your signing steps.
(2021-08-17, 14:23)kambala Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 10:09)kartboy16 Wrote: When I try to upload to my new Apple TV 4k 2nd gen, it fails at "Copying kodi-topshelf" and exits saying unable to install Kodi.
have you signed top shelf separately from the app as first step? Please list your signing steps.
Yes, and it installs on my 4k gen 1 but not on my gen 2.  

- Unpacked data.tar.xz
- Went into Kodi.app and found kodi-topshelf.appex (Different than the instructions which listed TVOSTopShelf.appex which I assume is the old version)
- Signed with my topshelf provisioning profile
- Signed Kodi.app with my kodi provisioning profile and ignored plugin folders

Again, it installs on my Gen 1 Apple TV 4k but not my new Gen APple TV 4k...
(2021-08-17, 20:16)kartboy16 Wrote: Yes, and it installs on my 4k gen 1 but not on my gen 2.  

thanks. It clearly means that your gen2 UDID isn't in the provisioning profile. You need to follow the signing guide and select your other ATV in the list. (solution was also discussed and given in this thread above)
(2021-08-17, 21:30)kambala Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 20:16)kartboy16 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 20:16)kartboy16 Wrote: Yes, and it installs on my 4k gen 1 but not on my gen 2.  

thanks. It clearly means that your gen2 UDID isn't in the provisioning profile. You need to follow the signing guide and select your other ATV in the list. (solution was also discussed and given in this thread above)
I tried that too.  I deleted my profile and generated a new one.  Can confirm that the new profile includes the new Apple TV 4k "Bedroom" in the image.  

I tried that too.  Deleted my provisioning profile and created a new one.  Can confirm the profile includes the new Apple TV 4k "Bedroom"Image

ImageImagehttps://ibb.co/NTgYh2J
(2021-08-18, 02:10)kartboy16 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 20:16)kartboy16 Wrote: I tried that too.  I deleted my profile and generated a new one.  Can confirm that the new profile includes the new Apple TV 4k "Bedroom" in the image.  

I tried that too.  Deleted my provisioning profile and created a new one.  Can confirm the profile includes the new Apple TV 4k "Bedroom"Image

thanks. I see that you have a wildcard provisioning profile (contains an asterisk in the name). Such profile won't work with top shelf because App Groups entitlement requires non-wildcard profile.
  • if you don't care about top shelf, delete Plugins folder from the app package and then sign
  • otherwise you must create dedicated provisioning profiles for your bundle ID: one for the app itself and one for top shelf, both must include your ATVs. It seems that Xcode doesn't do that automatically, so you have to do it in the Dev Portal manually.
(2021-08-18, 08:23)kambala Wrote:
(2021-08-18, 02:10)kartboy16 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 21:30)kambala Wrote: thanks. It clearly means that your gen2 UDID isn't in the provisioning profile. You need to follow the signing guide and select your other ATV in the list. (solution was also discussed and given in this thread above)

thanks. I see that you have a wildcard provisioning profile (contains an asterisk in the name). Such profile won't work with top shelf because App Groups entitlement requires non-wildcard profile.
  • if you don't care about top shelf, delete Plugins folder from the app package and then sign
  • otherwise you must create dedicated provisioning profiles for your bundle ID: one for the app itself and one for top shelf, both must include your ATVs. It seems that Xcode doesn't do that automatically, so you have to do it in the Dev Portal manually.
Works!!  Thanks so much for your help on this!

The Kodi controls are super sensitive with the gen2 remote and even the app.  Makes it very hard to use.  Any way to adjust this?
(2021-08-18, 23:24)kartboy16 Wrote:
(2021-08-18, 08:23)kambala Wrote:
(2021-08-18, 02:10)kartboy16 Wrote: I tried that too.  Deleted my provisioning profile and created a new one.  Can confirm the profile includes the new Apple TV 4k "Bedroom"Image

Works!!  Thanks so much for your help on this!

The Kodi controls are super sensitive with the gen2 remote and even the app.  Makes it very hard to use.  Any way to adjust this?
The sensitivity issue is with Kodi 20 alpha.  Installed 19 and the controller works properly again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd Gen apple tv 4k not installing0