Solved scraping individual movies and TV shows
After having upgraded to Matrix it seems scraping movies individually isn't working anymore.

In the past I could go to settings -> library -> videos -> Movies (my movie folder) and scroll through the list of files/folders and hit "i" for info and Kodi would go scrape the movie and add it to the library. Since Matrix the info menu is gone from the shortcut menu.

Am I missing something?

(I find scraping that way more convenient, because I can add new movies very quick without having to wait for Kodi to go through the whole movie and tv show folder).
(2021-06-19, 06:49)fergudog Wrote: Nevermind. Already figured it out. Seems like all my source settings are shot.
(2021-06-19, 06:59)fergudog Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 06:49)fergudog Wrote: Nevermind. Already figured it out. Seems like all my source settings are shot.

two more questions:

Movies scrape again, but it doesn't download any artwork (neither for tv shows). I tried to also manually download a poster and assign it, which works for a few seconds and then the poster disappears again. Ideas?

While I can get shows to scrape, I can't get the episodes in. The shows appear empty. I tried to rescan the individual shows multiple times with no success.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-19, 07:38)fergudog Wrote: two more questions:

One reply: debug log (wiki) please.
(2021-06-19, 07:47)Klojum Wrote:

https://paste.kodi.tv/cenabipejo.kodi
(2021-06-19, 08:43)fergudog Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 07:47)Klojum Wrote:

ok, the poster issue I nailed down to the fact that I'm sharing thumbs on an nfs folder - which I just read isn't recommened. I used to work fine when I was using smb, but I upgraded my NAS which shot the smb capability. I'm thinking my issues are due to the switch to nfs.

The reason I share the thumbs is because I want the same poster across my kodi installs, and don't want to set them individually on each machine. My library is shared via mysql but from memory that didn't take care of the poster sync.
(2021-06-19, 12:10)fergudog Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 08:43)fergudog Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 07:47)Klojum Wrote: One reply: debug log (wiki) please.

ok, the poster issue I nailed down to the fact that I'm sharing thumbs on an nfs folder - which I just read isn't recommened. I used to work fine when I was using smb, but I upgraded my NAS which shot the smb capability. I'm thinking my issues are due to the switch to nfs.

The reason I share the thumbs is because I want the same poster across my kodi installs, and don't want to set them individually on each machine. My library is shared via mysql but from memory that didn't take care of the poster sync.

ok. I was able to switch back to smb and all issues resolved.
That solve jumped around so much my head is spinning, but thanks for the play by play Smile

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraping individual movies and TV shows0