v19 Kodi matrix startup crashes
Kodi Matrix 19.1 crashes at startup, also 19.0. Here is a log, i have also a .dmp file if needed.
Could someone look? And maybe tell me if they see anything that is causing the startupcrashes.
What i do now, is let it crash several times and eventually it will load correct.

Well i tried uploading my log to hastebin or pastebin, but it exceeds the limit of 512kb, so i used some other service.
I do not know if it is any good, but here goes:

See post #3

Some HW/SW system specs:

Processor    Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.40 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen    16,0 GB
Type systeem    64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor

Editie    Windows 10 Pro
Versie    21H1
Installatiedatum    ‎3-‎6-‎2020
Build van besturingssysteem    19043.1052
Ervaring    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
When you get a crash... Is it that Kodi freezes, disappears, blue screen, exits? I note quite a few skins, extras, scripts and 3rd party software overlays. From the log: "Thread Timer start, auto delete: false" about 8 times, not sure if this is a skin issue. Still looking, Debug 2 and prefer logs using the Kodi paste-bin (broken up into sections if need be, downloading contains risks) perhaps other eyes will chime in if the log is easily accessible.
(2021-07-03, 15:47)PatK Wrote: When you get a crash... Is it that Kodi freezes, disappears, blue screen, exits? I note quite a few skins, extras, scripts and 3rd party software overlays. From the log: "Thread Timer start, auto delete: false" about 8 times, not sure if this is a skin issue. Still looking, Debug 2 and prefer logs using the Kodi paste-bin (broken up into sections if need be, downloading contains risks) perhaps other eyes will chime in if the log is easily accessible.

I understand, good idea to brake them up, ill keep that in mind.

It does not freeze, it does not disappear, there is no blue screen, it exits, i guess.

Fresh windows bootup, first crash.
Log01 Part 01: https://hastebin.nl/TdtE7u5
Log01 Part02: https://hastebin.nl/4TqkOw8

After first crash.
Log02 Part01: https://hastebin.nl/DnU2X2k
Log02 Part02: https://hastebin.nl/xtPnVM1

When kodi starts, it starts to import tvguide channels, but this stops and Kodi just quits.
I can see the window on top importing the channelguide, then nothing, back to windows.
i already tried disabling the pvr addon and all related to pvr and tv, no change.

Ok the "Thread Timer start, auto delete: false" but what does that mean? I see this 3 times, in both logs.
I thought i would see error too not only info,debug and warning, but im no kodi log expert :-)
@jinux

I see your forum signature is a bit .. enthusiastic. Smile
As per forum rules, you are allowed a maximum of 4 text lines OR 1 graphics of max 40 pixels in height.

I'm sure you'll find a way to display only the really necessary information. Thanks in advance.
(2021-07-03, 22:25)Klojum Wrote: @jinux

I see your forum signature is a bit .. enthusiastic. Smile
As per forum rules, you are allowed a maximum of 4 text lines OR 1 graphics of max 40 pixels in height.

I'm sure you'll find a way to display only the really necessary information. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, it's been dealt with.
Looking over your massive log, and comparisons and evaluating the consequences of all the 'extras' is not only a daunting task, but would blow my sunday. My suspicion is either Python incongruity or some equipment problem with background software allocation stealing focus (perhaps a delayed start?) and without the hardware directly in-front of me, that would only be discovered by the person at the helm.  In these cases, the best solution to the root of the issue can often be found with a Portable mode (wiki) plain vanilla installation, local source, default everything, no extras. Should the issue still show up, then we would look further at the hardware & o/s. Alternatively; should Kodi play out as featured, then suspicion falls on 'extras', scripts, add-ons; re-installation one by one, proving out each as you go will likely turn up the culprit.

It's a nice day here.
(2021-07-04, 17:37)PatK Wrote: Looking over your massive log, and comparisons and evaluating the consequences of all the 'extras' is not only a daunting task, but would blow my sunday. My suspension is either Python incongruity or some equipment problem with background software allocation stealing focus (perhaps a delayed start?) and without the hardware directly in-front of me, that would only be discovered by the person at the helm.  In these cases, the best solution to the root of the issue can often be found with a Portable mode (wiki) plain vanilla installation, local source, default everything, no extras. Should the issue still show up, then we would look further at the hardware & o/s. Alternatively; should Kodi play out as featured, then suspicion falls on 'extras', scripts, add-ons; re-installation one by one, proving out each as you go will likely turn up the culprit.

It's a nice day here.

Well thanks, i understand, please enjoy the nice day. Problems can be solved another time, i can use kodi, it only takes some crashing and restarting, but it works, never the less.

Have a nice day .... or, was that yesterday? Today and tomorrow and all the days, have nice days :-) And thanks again for the effort.
(2021-07-03, 21:36)jinux Wrote: When kodi starts, it starts to import tvguide channels, but this stops and Kodi just quits.
I can see the window on top importing the channelguide, then nothing, back to windows.
i already tried disabling the pvr addon and all related to pvr and tv, no change.

I won't be of much help to you, but I just wanted to let you know this happens to me too since the move from Leia to Matrix. I am, however, running mint 19.3 and using tvheadend as a backend. Sometimes it will start fine and other times it will crash three times in a row. I'm not asking for help here, just letting you know that you're not insane.
(2021-07-05, 23:23)kvdex Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 21:36)jinux Wrote: When kodi starts, it starts to import tvguide channels, but this stops and Kodi just quits.

I won't be of much help to you, but I just wanted to let you know this happens to me too since the move from Leia to Matrix. I am, however, running mint 19.3 and using tvheadend as a backend. Sometimes it will start fine and other times it will crash three times in a row. I'm not asking for help here, just letting you know that you're not insane.

Thanks, well i did the whole setup again from ground up. And what i can see is that when it's time to import channels to the pvr/epg manager and an add-on for dutch television, something goes wrong. I tried to use the IP-TV manager from the Kodi repo, but then it says it is starting the pvr manager and nothing will happen, just a message window, and that won't go away until i press esc, or backspace.

So i need to use another IP-TV manager that can get my Ziggo channels, this works it's importing, but then, Kodi stops again. I see that when there is no new info for the epg, there is no crash. I probably need to go to the add-on that provides me with the IP-TV manager and my Ziggo ip-tv. Which is the Dutch IP-TV repository by Anon.

Sadly i see nothing in the logs. But when i disable the ip-tv manager from the Dutch ip-tv repo, and use the ip-tv manager from the kodi repo, no crash, but also no epg channels nothing. Im tired of this for now. I'll let it crash and start until it keeps going.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi matrix startup crashes0