Can't get "The Godfather Saga" to scrape to library. Any Tips?
Hello All,

I have the made-for-tv move "The Godfather Saga" but it will not scrape to the library. I'm wondering if anyone else has this and also had trouble scraping it? It's a specially edited version of the Godfather that combines Godfather 1&2 into a single movie in a chronological timeline, including deleted scenes that never made the original movies.

"The Godfather Saga" goes by many names, including "The Godfather - A Novel for Television", among others. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather_Saga

I've named the file in the proper format, including the date. I've scraped with the Universal Scraper and the Movie Database Python. I've scraped it both as a movie and a TV Series. I've even changed the file name to match the entries at IMDB and The Movie Database exactly. It still won't add to the library.

Any tips? Anyone else have trouble with this movie?

VikenK
Try renaming it.
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/39651-the-godfather-saga
As it's classed as a mini-series then you might need to use the TMDb TV Shows scraper as there's seperate scrapers for movies and TV from the TMDB site.
Hello LongMan and jjd-uk,

Thanks for the replies, however I have already tried those methods. I have scraped this movie both as a "Movie" and as a "TV Show" using the appropriate scrapers and databases but haven't had any luck.

However, I have an update: The scrapers seem to be recognizing the movie but it's not adding to my library: When I watch the progress of the library update, I can see that the database is identifying the movie because I can see the movie name changing as it searches. It starts with my file name and then the movie name changes - I can see the title change with the appropriate punctuation and characters.

So, it seems to be identified but it doesn't add to any library. Perhaps it doesn't fit into any category? I have the default Estuary skin and I have enabled the "Movie" and "TV Shows" menu items. I have enabled other menu items as well but the movie doesn't add to any of those library either.

Any thoughts on that?

VikenK
(2021-07-11, 16:59)vikenk Wrote: However, I have an update: The scrapers seem to be recognizing the movie but it's not adding to my library:

Enable debugging in Kodi, restart Kodi, reproduce the error(s), and provide the debug log (wiki) via the paste.kodi.tv link below.
(2021-07-11, 17:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 16:59)vikenk Wrote: However, I have an update: The scrapers seem to be recognizing the movie but it's not adding to my library:

Enable debugging in Kodi, restart Kodi, reproduce the error(s), and provide the debug log (wiki) via the paste.kodi.tv link below.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I hope I did this correctly:

https://paste.kodi.tv/atuhujosur.kodi

Thanks.
(2021-07-11, 18:09)vikenk Wrote: Hi, Thanks for the reply. I hope I did this correctly:

https://paste.kodi.tv/atuhujosur.kodi
Yep, all correct.

First, what is Mario Puzo's The Godfather The Complete Novel for Television? Aren't these just the movie? What is the fourth episode?

Anyway if you look at line 652 of your log, you will see that the TV Show is correctly identified and scraped. The problem seems to be with the episodes.
Can you enable setting 3.7- Show empty TV shows here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos
Do you see the TV Show now?
Can you provide a screenshot of your folder containing the episodes. Make sure we can see everything in the folder as well as the path.

Button 14 or 19 to upload images
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:First, what is Mario Puzo's The Godfather The Complete Novel for Television? Aren't these just the movie? What is the fourth episode?
That is also known as "the Godfather Saga". It is a re-edited version of Godfather 1&2 that puts the two movies in chronological order and also adds deleted scenes that were not in the original movies. I had seen it parts of it once on TV years ago and have been looking for it ever since. I haven't seen it again on TV since I saw it those many years ago.

Quote:Anyway if you look at line 652 of your log, you will see that the TV Show is correctly identified and scraped. The problem seems to be with the episodes.
This is likely the key: I have one MKV file for the entire movie (it's over 7 hours long). Apparently this file combines all the episodes into one long movie. When I first saw it years ago I didn't realize it was broken down into episodes. It seems that the Scraper is looking for individual episodes since that it how it originally aired. This has been a learning experience for me.

Quote:Can you enable setting 3.7- Show empty TV shows here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos
Do you see the TV Show now?
I had already tried enabling and disabling that setting with no luck.

Quote:Can you provide a screenshot of your folder containing the episodes. Make sure we can see everything in the folder as well as the path.
The other series that I have are divided into seasons in folders. The Godfather movie is one file in the root, as you can see. Based on this, I'm concluding that I will not be able to add it to my library as it is - I must divide it into episodes.

VikenK
(2021-07-11, 23:12)vikenk Wrote: The Godfather movie is one file in the root, as you can see.
Yep, that is never going to work. You need a correct TV Show folder structure... TV Show folder > Season folder (optional) > Episodes
Episodes are tied to a tv show. They cannot be individually scraped.
You seem to have a correct setup for the other shows, so do the same for Godfather.

One file for all 4 episodes? Probably best to split it into the four episodes using MKVToolNIX GUI.
Otherwise name the file Godfather S01E01E02E03E04.mkv but this is not ideal as Kodi has no idea where each episode starts in the actual video file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-07-11, 23:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 23:12)vikenk Wrote: The Godfather movie is one file in the root, as you can see.
Yep, that is never going to work. You need a correct TV Show folder structure... TV Show folder > Season folder (optional) > Episodes
Episodes are tied to a tv show. They cannot be individually scraped.
You seem to have a correct setup for the other shows, so do the same for Godfather.

One file for all 4 episodes? Probably best to split it into the four episodes using MKVToolNIX GUI.
Otherwise name the file Godfather S01E01E02E03E04.mkv but this is not ideal as Kodi has no idea where each episode starts in the actual video file.
OK, so it gets more interesting: Here's the Wiki about Saga: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather_Saga

So, it turns out that there are many editions to the "Saga". I thought I had "the Godfather Saga". Instead, I have "Mario Puzo's The Godfather The Complete Epic 1901-1959". The "Saga" was a four-part mini-series which aired on TV. Each episode had it's own opening/closing credits and it was edited to removed the most violent scenes (for television). "The Complete Epic 1901-1959" was another re-edited version appearing on HBO that was edited into one long movie. It still has the chronological timeline and deleted scenes but it also restored the violent scenes that were edited out for TV. The run time is 7hr 3min.

So I have "Complete Epic 1901-1959". I checked both TMD and IMDB and this version with this exact title doesn't appear on either of the sites.

Viken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get "The Godfather Saga" to scrape to library. Any Tips?0