FLAC do not play randomly / intermittent
flac files don't play anymore in version xbmc-2004-05-17 (xbmc crashes).
the bug was already there in xbmc-2004-05-14. i can't say for previous versions.
anyone with the same issue ?

edit : playing files through smb connnection.
yeah i've noticed crashes while playing flac files. usually when xbmc tries to play the next flac files it'll freeze up totally. problem has been there fro at least a week noticed it in cvs from around the 10th of may.
systematic crash on flac file selection seems to have been removed in version xbmc-2004-05-18. anyway i was able to crash xbmc after a few flac files changes.
sourceforge bug report filed:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581838
i just installed the 6/6 build and am seeing exactly this behavior. i'm dealing with whole cd flac files about 350m in size and get this error upon selection of a flac file:

mplayer playConfusedmb://10.1.1.254/mp3/zz_lossless/tori amos/boys for pele/tori amos - boys for pele.flac cachesize:256
flipping bi-directional subtitles disabled
stating file smb://10.1.1.254/mp3/zz_lossless/tori amos/boys for pele/tori amos - boys for pele.flac.conf
stating file q:\mplayer\smb://10.1.1.254/mp3/zz_lossless/tori amos/boys for pele/tori amos - boys for pele.flac.conf
cmplayer::openfile() smb://10.1.1.254/mp3/zz_lossless/tori amos/boys for pele/tori amos - boys for pele.flac failed

after that, trying to select another file locks the xbox up.

the same file played fine in my previous build from mid-may.

thanks,
mike
Sad 
please copy the same file (and preferable flac files from other sources too) to xbox harddrive then try play from there, result?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i copied the file from my earlier post over to e:\music (along with a couple others). after a reboot to make sure everything was fresh, it still dies:

mplayer play:e:\music\tori amos - boys for pele.flac cachesize:256
flipping bi-directional subtitles disabled
stating file e:\music\tori amos - boys for pele.flac.conf
stating file q:\mplayer\tori amos - boys for pele.flac.conf
cmplayer::openfile() e:\music\tori amos - boys for pele.flac failed

unfortunately, i don't have any flacs from any other sources except the ones i made myself. the ones i have are cd rips (eac) that i then pumped through flac 1.1.0. if it would help, i'll be more than happy to send the file over - but it's 350m or so.

thanks,
mike
hmm, i opened the sourceforge bug report however after a few people said they had no problems and after re-encoding what i thought were some problem flac files through flac 1.1.0 i seemed not to be having any more problems and it was closed (my request).

but i still get freezing on flac files, it seems to be entirely random to me. sometimes a whole bunch will work fine and then they'll freeze next time i play them.
the problem is that if the mplayer core has a hard crash, when xbmc tries to onload it (happens on next play), it crashes completly. seems mplayer is fucking with the memory on the xbox, not sure thou.. i'm trying to track it down.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i'm also getting strange behaviour when playing flac. basically, nothing happens every now and then when i try to play a flac file. sometimes i can play 10 songs in a row and all is fine. the next moment i have to click on a song 5 times before it starts playing. i def. did not have this problem in builds around hmmm.. dec-feb.

i have tried to play flac locally and over smb with same results. xbmc never hangs or crashes though.. i just have to click the flac files a couple of extra times in order to play em.

below is the error message from the log.

30-06-2004 10:19:13 stating file q:\mplayer\smb://xxxx/files$/music_archive/frank black/teenager of the year/frank black - teenager of the year - 07 - headache.flac.conf
30-06-2004 10:19:14 cmplayer::openfile() smb://xxxx/files$/music_archive/frank black/teenager of the year/frank black - teenager of the year - 07 - headache.flac failed
yep it seems to be randomly crashing on flac files.

with the fix elupus added xbmc no longer freezes up whent his happens but obviously there is still a problem with flac playback itself.
i'm also experiencing problems playing flac files, like deltop says it won't freeze xbmc in newer releases (currently using 29/6 build) and it seems to be totally random. if a file doesn't play i try it again a couple times and it'll start so it doesn't appear to be a problem with particular files.
hopefully a fix is found soon.
i've been seeing the same problem in the 1.0 release. also, i've noticed it won't move on to the next file in the list when the track ends...you have to select the next track by hand.

i suppose this could be related to the interment playing problem as well.
fyi, elupus said he will implement mplayer 1.0-pre5 updated core code into xbmc as soon as it's out, ...maybe that will fix this Wink
(gamester17 @ july 08 2004,11:51 Wrote:fyi, elupus said he will implement mplayer 1.0-pre5 updated core code into xbmc as soon as it's out, ...maybe that will fix this Wink
yeah that's what i've been waiting for, although i've recompiled mplayer.dll with a cvs version of ffmpeg and it didn't help. however hopefully i dont know what i'm doing lol and it'll work with a complete mplayer upgrade! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC do not play randomly / intermittent0