adjusted refresh rate and still stuttering image
Hi,

I am looking for a solution for the following. Kodi is set to adjust the refresh rate, but when I watch a 4K HDR 24p film and my TV is set to 24p, I still have stuttering in the image for about a minute. I'm using Kodi 19.1, my video card is Intel UHD 750, TV Samsung EQ55Q77T. Where should I look for the solution?
Suggest you use the keyboard OSD commands and look for bottle necks. Whitelist a few of the common resolutions, in settings player, refresh, sync, off and if possible wasapi and pass-through on, and let's see how that works out. A debug log as described below would be helpful. Keyboard controls (wiki)

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-07-16, 16:15)PatK Wrote: Suggest you use the keyboard OSD commands and look for bottle necks. Whitelist a few of the common resolutions, in settings player, refresh, sync, off and if possible wasapi and pass-through on, and let's see how that works out. A debug log as described below would be helpful. Keyboard controls (wiki)

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi, thanks for your answer. What I did is the following, I modified the whitelist, Wasapi was already set up with passthrough. Refresh and sync disabled. Image runs even less smoothly and white pixels are visible in the film.

Link to pastebin https://paste.kodi.tv/utehazuzab.kodi
Doubt this is the issue, but might be related as this error (CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property) is in your log over 1000 times with packet loses. Windows audio (wiki) follow this wiki along. When having issues the default skin is best, (I note: skin.arctic.zephyr.mod author suggest it's depreciated). I note your log has a lot going on with add-ons etc.. if the player settles and handles well after the first minute, I would be concerned with background tasks that are sapping cpu slices.
(2021-07-16, 22:13)PatK Wrote: Doubt this is the issue, but might be related as this error (CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property) is in your log over 1000 times with packet loses. Windows audio (wiki) follow this wiki along. When having issues the default skin is best, (I note: skin.arctic.zephyr.mod author suggest it's depreciated). I note your log has a lot going on with add-ons etc.. if the player settles and handles well after the first minute, I would be concerned with background tasks that are sapping cpu slices.
Hi, I forgot to mention that I also use an NVidia GT1030, which I use for sound, since my AV can't handle 4K HDR. So I use the GT1030 for Wasapi
A bit of a grounder, the issue revolves around audio Audio troubleshooting (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adjusted refresh rate and still stuttering image0