android problem
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is were I should post this problem but I come seek some answers on why Kodi doesn't work at all with my samsung galaxy s21 ultra? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the kodi app several times and after each reinstall it will load the kodi loading splash screen and after it loads I get just a solid black screen but no dashboard? Kodi worked great on my galaxy s9+ but sadly my phones screen busted and no longer worked and I had to upgrade. But anyways I have been trying to get Kodi to work on my phone the last month or so but it absolutely will not display any dashboard upon after loading from the splash loading screen and I'm kinda getting stumped at this point. Hopefully y'all will be able to help me correct the issue. Thanks everyone
Black screens in phones => Set your screen to 60Hz.
(2021-08-15, 18:20)Klojum Wrote: Black screens in phones => Set your screen to 60Hz.
My phones display is already set to 4k screen display
Also will not that the android app itself on my phone will make all the menu sounds but will just not display the dashboard. I have tried a 3 different screen refresh/quality options on my phone and still gives the same results.
Boy I can't type got ahead of myself. Meant to say it's not that the app itself doesn't work on my phone, it works but just doesn't show a dashboard but it will make the dashboard sounds if you push the back button but thats all it does. I have tried all three different display settings inside my phone and all of them give the same results.
(2021-08-15, 18:36)Mtndew1730 Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 18:20)Klojum Wrote: Black screens in phones => Set your screen to 60Hz.
My phones display is already set to 4k screen display

It's not the resolution, it's the refresh rate that's the issue.

Kodi cannot support any rate above 60Hz, regardless of resolution. Make sure that the refresh rate is set to 60Hz.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
android problem0