Play / find a video that is not shown in the library or in the files section?
How could one play / find a video that is not shown in the library or in the files section?
(2021-09-29, 15:51)Afonzo Wrote: not shown in the library or in the files section
Now that would be a bit of a trick, 'video files maintenance mode' [files/video] should show everything (provided you have in settings 'show hidden files and directories' toggled on and the video is within a defined source). Better question might be what you want to accomplish or expect to see?
Well, I just want to accomplish or expect to just watch a video.

How could I make Kodi show all of the videos in the library or at least in the files section?
(2021-09-29, 19:15)Afonzo Wrote: How could I make Kodi show all of the videos in the library or at least in the files section?
In the main Kodi homepage/interface Go to the button/menu selection videos, you should see something called 'files' or 'Add Videos' ? If you have defined a video source, you will see videos here, otherwise add some. If you're still having difficulty, check out our wiki's link at the top left of this page. If you haven't created your library yet, you need to properly name your titles, define a folder as your source then choose a scraper and scan into your library the titles. Let this page be your guide 'https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library"
Ah, sorry for my bad expression. Kodi is set up completely, with sources, settings, etc. But there are some videos (movies) which do not show up in the library or in the file section or in the serach, I cannot find them although they are (or should be) scanned a few times. Other videos are in the library and file section but some just are not. Hidden files, directories is enabled.

Sorry, I do not understand, where is the video files maintenance mode?
(2021-09-29, 22:41)Afonzo Wrote: But there are some videos (movies) which do not show up in the library
Ok, that's a bit clearer. Movies that don't appear in the library, have either a non standard name (different countries sometimes have different names for movies) or otherwise can't be found in the web online scraper database usually because of nomenclature or crap in the titles. To ensure a proper scrape, check with one of the online database for the correct title and be aware there could be many movies with the same name, so add the date after the title. Search will only find titles that are in the library, not ones that have not been scrapped properly. Create Video Library (wiki)
(2021-09-29, 22:41)Afonzo Wrote: where is the video files maintenance mode?
It's the 'video' button/menu on the homepage. 'Video files maintenance mode', would be too long of a name for a button or menu, so it's just called Video. All content will show up in this feature. If you're still not finding your videos you will have to post a proper debug log showing a scan, and the specific title being missed.
Quote:Movies that don't appear in the library, have either a non standard name (different countries sometimes have different names for movies) or otherwise can't be found in the web online scraper database usually because of nomenclature or crap in the titles.
Yes, but those not appearing in the library do not. Names like usual.

Quote:Search will only find titles that are in the library, not ones that have not been scrapped properly.
OK, but why do they not show up in the files area in Kodi?

Quote:It's the 'video' button/menu on the homepage. 'Video files maintenance mode', would be too long of a name for a button or menu, so it's just called Video. All content will show up in this feature. If you're still not finding your videos you will have to post a proper debug log showing a scan, and the specific title being missed.
So this is meant(?), I never would have thought this is a maintenance mode:

If yes, this also shows the files not being in the library. So the same like it is in the file section, I assume.

Found one missing movie, the original name is "Schwarze Insel" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12881516/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1). So the folder is named as well and the video, mkv. But in "Videos" / the file section it is shown as "Black Island" as well (instead of showing just the file name Schwarze Insel (2021).mkv. Why is that? And it also is available in the library and the search finds it as well. But is does not find "Schwarze Insel".
If the files are contained within the folder you've configured as a video source, then they should always be shown. The only thing I can think is to check what Replace file names with library titles is set to, then if it's enabled to then try disabling it. For location see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ary_titles
Each movie has a sub folder being in the folder configured as a video source.
Quote:The only thing I can think is to check what Replace file names with library titles is set to, then if it's enabled to then try disabling it. For location see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ary_titles

Ah yes, that was it. Thank you for the link. Now I can find the movie in the file section. I hadn't activate it. Is it activated by default?

Where can I find the settings file for Kodi all settings are stored in?
See https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata#guisettings.xml
I think it's active by default, so Files can act as a pseudo library mode when items are added to the library. If the filenames weren't appearing with that setting on, then the files must have been scraped into the library, however they may have been misidentified due to the filenaming so not appearing named as you'd expect in the library.
Thank you for the link. It seems my guisettings.xml must have been overwritten for some reason. Is that possible?

Quote:If the filenames weren't appearing with that setting on, then the files must have been scraped into the library,
Yes, it seems to be like that.

Quote:however they may have been misidentified due to the filenaming so not appearing named as you'd expect in the library.
Yes, the correct name actually, but not the original one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play / find a video that is not shown in the library or in the files section?0