Solved How organize file and directory for saga
(2021-10-05, 17:32)xmal Wrote: Well, not sure about what you would like to see. First: a screenshot of the film list (1st menu)
no, this is not what I meant.
If you are on Windows, open Windows Explorer, go the the movie folder and take a screenshot of the movie folder so I can see all the files in the folder. Just like in my post #7, but showing the files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-05, 20:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-05, 17:32)xmal Wrote: Well, not sure about what you would like to see. First: a screenshot of the film list (1st menu)
no, this is not what I meant.
If you are on Windows, open Windows Explorer, go the the movie folder and take a screenshot of the movie folder so I can see all the files in the folder. Just like in my post #7, but showing the files.
No, my computer is under linux/MageIa and my box is under Android and the Nas hosting the data is under TerraMasterOS. But, anyway, here's the screenshot, the good one now I think.  ,:-)

Here you see my last try , each james Bond film has his own directory. But, at start, they were all in the main james bond directory without subdirectory and that wasn't functioning too. In the previous structure, I had a list of the james (false) james bond list identical. Now, I have no more false film but no saga and only one or 2 films listed.
Ok, no problems there either.

Ensure setting 1.2 is disabled here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...video_tags

Enable setting 3.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ngle_movie

If they do not fix the problem, I will need a Debug Log that captures you running an Update Library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-06, 00:06)Karellen Wrote: Ok, no problems there either.

Ensure setting 1.2 is disabled here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...video_tags

Enable setting 3.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ngle_movie

If they do not fix the problem, I will need a Debug Log that captures you running an Update Library.
Hi!
With your ne setting, I'm now in the same configuration just after the saga doesn't show as before the update. I mean, if each film is in a separate directory, everything work fine (iron man), even if all these directories are subdirectories of a generic one (James_bond)
like this:

But, if the films are together in a same generic diretory, this work no more and all films, in the listing, are showed like the same film (the first one in the terminator example).

Thanks for your help and time.
(2021-10-07, 08:38)xmal Wrote: if each film is in a separate directory, everything work fine
(2021-10-07, 08:38)xmal Wrote: if the films are together in a same generic diretory, this work no more
Ok, then the only reason I can think of is setting 5d. I think you have this enabled.
Disable it, and it will pick up the movies in the folder.
If you enable it, it only reads the folder name and not the files in the folder.

My Signature
(2021-10-07, 08:53)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-07, 08:38)xmal Wrote: if each film is in a separate directory, everything work fine
(2021-10-07, 08:38)xmal Wrote: if the films are together in a same generic diretory, this work no more
Ok, then the only reason I can think of is setting 5d. I think you have this enabled.
Disable it, and it will pick up the movies in the folder.
If you enable it, it only reads the folder name and not the files in the folder.

Well, this setting 5d was enable, you were right. But after disabling it, clicking ok, nothing special happens. I've cleared the data base, then make an update of the data base and nothing happens. I mean same result in the listing: all the films in the same directory are showed as the same film. :'-(
But, I think that the change of 5d setting isn't really applied. I don't see any real re-scan with this new setting and the update should have been be using the old one. Is there any action to force the source to renew his setting ? I thought to delete the source and to re create it with the good 5d, then I'll be certain of the good effect but, I ask myself if, doing this, won't delete all my data: seen/not seen, notation,.... I have already lost this when I changed the scrapper and I wouldn't ike this to happen again.
(2021-10-08, 08:13)xmal Wrote: But, I think that the change of 5d setting isn't really applied.
As long as you press OK, the change is saved.
But this change won't affect what is already in your library. It only affects new items you add to the library.

You need to delete all those affected movies from the library, then scan them back into the library after you change that setting.
If you have done this and it does not work, then provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning these movies into the library. I should be able to spot what the problem is.
My Signature
(2021-10-08, 08:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-08, 08:13)xmal Wrote: But, I think that the change of 5d setting isn't really applied.
But this change won't affect what is already in your library. It only affects new items you add to the library.

You need to delete all those affected movies from the library, then scan them back into the library after you change that setting.
If you have done this and it does not work, then provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning these movies into the library. I should be able to spot what the problem is.
No I haven't done this, I will, *but* I would like to keep all my data about the film: Which one I saw, When, how many time, the score I gave to it,...
When I write this, I begin to understand something: you tell me to delete only the films that are in a same directory, not the other... Ok, I'll try to do this, thank you.
(2021-10-08, 08:50)Karellen Wrote:

And it's big victory!!!:'-)
Everything works fine again, I thank you really much, I used so many hours without any result... Thank you for the time you, and the others too, spent to help me. Kody is a damned so good and their user great!
I have a simple  last question about choosing the source for video, or music,... what are the advantage and disadvantage to add several source in the main screen or to
add one source containing multi sources ?
(2021-10-09, 09:47)xmal Wrote: And it's big victory!!!:'-)
Great!!

(2021-10-09, 09:47)xmal Wrote: what are the advantage and disadvantage to add several source in the main screen or to
To be honest, I don't know. I add all my sources as separate Sources. I don't know why you would want to combine Sources into one. Maybe others can answer?
My Signature
(2021-10-09, 21:54)Karellen Wrote:  
(2021-10-09, 09:47)xmal Wrote: what are the advantage and disadvantage to add several source in the main screen or to
To be honest, I don't know. I add all my sources as separate Sources. I don't know why you would want to combine Sources into one. Maybe others can answer?

Ok, I'll do this too so! If others have any clue about the differences between the 2 ways... I'm very interested.
Thanks again for the great help!
Rainbow 
By the way, how can-I tag this thread as "Solved" ? I've searched the button or anything else but...
Thread marked solved.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How organize file and directory for saga0