Audio randomly switches speakers
Hello everyone, I have had an issue with the 2 different Obie’s now in a row. Randomly the sound will start coming from the wrong speakers. So for example everything that would normally come out of the centre will now come out of the rear surround along with everything else switching speakers. The only way I can make it stop is if I stop the movie, then go back into it a few seconds later. I don’t need t exit Kodi or anything, I just need to stop the movie then go back into it.

I just upgraded to the most recent version of Kodi and it still happens. This has happened with 2 different files now as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
I have seen that happen a few times on my win10 htpc setup. But the difference with my experience is that it is Windows messing up the speaker config.

When I run the Test speakers in the Speaker Configure tab in Sound settings (left image), the channels have been shuffled around. I need to restart Windows to solve the issue.

Each time it has happened, it was when starting playback of a video that uses AAC audio.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your reply. I guess before each movie I will check out the Windows audio settings as you mentioned. Weird because this literally just started happening and I have been using Kodi for years. I had been using the same version for a while a well with no issues.

So once you checked the setting and restarted, the movie worked fine? If it is simply checking that and restarting and it will work fine, I think I can live with that.
(2021-10-11, 03:28)04rex Wrote: So once you checked the setting and restarted, the movie worked fine?
Yes it works fine after the restart.

But I don't know what the trigger is that causes it to happen. It doesn't happen often, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but if at a later date I replay that same movie there is no problem. So there is some series of events that triggers it with AAC audio, but I haven't figured it out yet.

But if it happens to you every movie, probably a different issue. Is it AAC audio? Post a Debug Log which captures the issue. Also check your audio is correctly set in Windows as shown in the image above.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio randomly switches speakers0