• 28(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi
And windows version is ?
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
thanks。
windows:windows 10 enterprise ltsc 2021 :21H2  19044.2728
(2023-04-03, 12:12)hobochao Wrote: ask a question
and,I want to know, when koid playback 3d mode is hardware based, and windows 3D is on, it is full-frame 3D,
but if koid playback 3d mode is over/under or side by side ,and windows 3D off, it is normal to watch 3d, but is this the half resolution quality
From my experience, it depnds of the 3D TV/projector/monitor you have:
  • with my Sony projector (wich is full HD 3D): all SBS or TAB files are of course rendered in HALF 3D RES.
  • with my 3D LG TV: the HTPC upscale Full-SBS and Full-TAB to UltraHD 3D and the LG TV is rendering full HD 3D.
Sorry but for the other questions, i don't know. My Lenovo P17 has a combo Intel HD 630 + Nvidia Quadro T1000:
Hi
For me : between windows 10 > 1800 and win11 : no 3d
See my previous posts
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
someone said windows 11 was working for them, I never upgraded for that reason.  ONe version of 10 in the past broke 3d for me.  I may try it soon with 11 when I get my settop box since I won't be using it for 3D anymore and at least know if it works or not with 11.
Well,  I think I've given up using a Windows HTPC for 3D viewing on my LG TV.  I will still have one connected to my Vizio, but I'm moving away from Windows based stuff.

Last week I started dabbling into small minis (Raspberry Pi and Libre Computer), as well as the LibreELEC/CoreELEC implementation, and I'm finding they do everything I need them to do.  I really like the elegance of the stripped down OS with single app (KODI).  Love how simple they are to install, how fast they boot, yet they have all the KODI functionality of the bigger machines.

Right now, I'm really having fun with the AMLogic based Libre Computer, which is a tiny thing with the same form factor as an RPI3.  It doesn't support MVC, but it supports 4K, HDR (HD10), 3D playback, which turns on my TV's 3D functionality automatically, and turns it off when I stop the movie, so I don't even have to reach for the remote.

I placed an order for a Vero 4K+, which is supposed to be the end all be all of the HTPC world, and that will handle my MVC playback.  Meanwhile the little $35 Libre does everything I need it to do.  So it can't play games or things like that, but for a single purpose computer, it's amazing.   So I'll probably end up putting a couple NUCs on eBay soon.
That’s what I said before. I will probably do zidoo since it does Dolby vision. Although I really like the vero4k+. Little box does everything versus trying to get a machine to do 3d and no 4k
(2023-04-06, 03:47)robl45 Wrote: That’s what I said before. I will probably do zidoo since it does Dolby vision. Although I really like the vero4k+. Little box does everything versus trying to get a machine to do 3d and no 4k

I considered Vero4K+ for a while but it does not support Dolby Vision...

A device that does everything does not exists. I scoured a lot of forums until I realized that.

My playback env is almost entirely enclosed in a small rack: an HTPC+kodi (for 3D bluray discs), Sony X700 (for 4K UHD bluray disc playback), the AVR, Zidoo Z9X (for HDR to HDR tone mapping playback), HDFury VRROOM (for advanced EDID manipulation), AppleTV 4K 2021 (for streaming), network switch, UPS and NAS.

Each of the devices above has its own purpose. Sony X700 has crappy 3D which yield in awful ghosting that is not apparent on either the HTPC nor the Zidoo. The Zidoo cannot serve as a streamer, while its OS is based on Android, it is not compatible with Android TV apps and it's media player is not well integrated to the OS so no DV support or 4K acceleration in external apps.
The AppleTV does not play nice with emby/plex/jellyfin and is not convenient local network playback...
Your case is different than most. Probably 95 percent would be happy with one of the two boxes. Vero or zidoo

(2023-04-08, 13:17)damagedspline Wrote:
(2023-04-06, 03:47)robl45 Wrote: That’s what I said before. I will probably do zidoo since it does Dolby vision. Although I really like the vero4k+. Little box does everything versus trying to get a machine to do 3d and no 4k

I considered Vero4K+ for a while but it does not support Dolby Vision...

A device that does everything does not exists. I scoured a lot of forums until I realized that.

My playback env is almost entirely enclosed in a small rack: an HTPC+kodi (for 3D bluray discs), Sony X700 (for 4K UHD bluray disc playback), the AVR, Zidoo Z9X (for HDR to HDR tone mapping playback), HDFury VRROOM (for advanced EDID manipulation), AppleTV 4K 2021 (for streaming), network switch, UPS and NAS.

Each of the devices above has its own purpose. Sony X700 has crappy 3D which yield in awful ghosting that is not apparent on either the HTPC nor the Zidoo. The Zidoo cannot serve as a streamer, while its OS is based on Android, it is not compatible with Android TV apps and it's media player is not well integrated to the OS so no DV support or 4K acceleration in external apps.
The AppleTV does not play nice with emby/plex/jellyfin and is not convenient local network playback...
Any Updates on the version without intel?
Bit of an update.

Got the Vero 4K, and had some initial teething issues, primarily with scraping, but it turns out it was the original OSMC installation the unit came with, after re-installing the OS from a fresh image downloaded from the main site, everything got straightened out.

So right now, I have most of my needs covered.  Here is my current setup:

LG 4K OLED  -  The main display device.  Supports 1080p, 3D all formats, 4K UHD, HDR10 and Dolby Vision
Vero 4K -  Handles most of the media playback 3D MVC, 3D HSBS/HTAB, 1080p and 4K.  It supports HDR10 and most of the audio outputs my old Pioneer receiver can handle
Fire TV Cube Gen2 - Handles most streaming duties, and the occasional KODI playback that doesn't require3D MVC.  It does support DolbyVision, but not from 3rd party, only from stuff streamed from Amazon
Sony UBP-UX80 - UHD/3D Player handles all physical media playback.  While it can play some media files either from USB or from a DLNA server, it's too much hassle so It's just for playing discs
DirecTV Genie  -  Handles all TV programming related chores
Qnap NAS  -  Serves all the media to all my connected devices, via wired Gbit LAN

There are still a few older devices connected for legacy's sake, such a a Laserdisc player, and a DVD Recorder, but they're not getting much use these days.

In the playroom I have

Vizio 3D TV 1080p, not 4K
Intel NUC6  -  Handles all of the media playback 3D MVC, 3D HSBS/HTAB, 1080p.  While KODI can play the 4K files on it, it scales them down to 1080p.  One of the advantages this has is that after installing the Java runtime, it can actually play most ISO blurays menus
LG BP730  -  Handles all disc playback except UHD

So this satisfies my needs for now, and probably for the next few years.  I don't see any new formats that must have on the horizon.  The much talked about AV1 doesn't really seem to offer a dramatic improvemnt over the current codes, and it's not really getting any traction except perhaps with the Anime crowd.
After a long hiatus from HTPC's, thinking of getting back into it for 3D. Thinking this NUC should work right?
The problem with 5th Gen CPUs is they don't support HEVC hardware decoding, and the Core i3 doesn't have enough power for smooth software decoding.

Here is a link to the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Gen Intel CPUs and they hardware encode/decode capabilities

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...EW-5-6-7-8

If you don't need HEVC/4K, then it should be adequate.  Even some 1080p content encoded with H265 at higher bit rates might stutter, especially during long horizontal pans.
(2023-05-25, 19:58)hdmkv Wrote: After a long hiatus from HTPC's, thinking of getting back into it for 3D. Thinking this NUC should work right?
I am also just returning to trying to get HTPC work again with 3D, and an older Intel may be the way to go, but i think i have a lot more experiments to do:

- I could not get the new MVC build of this thread to work on my primary AMD HTPC (Ryzen). I now use Potplayer to play MVC on it, but that also only works when i keep an old AMD display driver. Which seems to be fine. Aka: AMD did seemingly kill 3D in their newer driver versions (windows 10). The old Kodi 18 MVC build probably would still work with the older driver, but on AMD i needed the trick with installing the software intel library for MVC decode, and somehow that does not work anymore with this threads Kodi MVC build. Potplayer also downloads some version of an MVC library though, which works (on AMD!), so it does seem to be possible.

- On Intel i am of the maybe fruitless goose hunt to find a cheap Intel box that does both 4K/HDR and 3D, but that is all over the place:

- I got two new N95 boxes from different vendors (which should be supporting AV1 HW decoding in Kodi 21 via DXVA ... not tested at all)... but:

- One of the N95 boxes correctly supports all Intel specified resolutions up to 18Gbps over the HDMI2 ports, aka: 4K@60Hz HDR10. The other one effectively only does HDMI1.4 rates/resolutions, so no 4K HDR, only 4K with non-HDR YUV420. Go figure. same for windows 10 and windows 11 installations. Seems like these cheap OEMs can somehow easily mess up (or not) their firmware, and Intel takes its input from the firmware. No idea how to diagnose the root cause for this difference.

- Neither of the N95 boxes does offer the 3D option in display settings. Neither windows 10 nor windows 11. Given the differences with the HDMI2.0 signal support, i really wonder whose fault it is. Did Intel actually not enable 3D support in its driver for the newer chips, or would the 3D support, like the HDMI2.0 support be something in the PC firmware, and the OEMs just didn't care of including 3D for boxes / firmware built after e.g. 2019 - because they couldn't even find/buy a 3D TV to test it against ?? I can't find any documentation for this.

- I also had an N5095 with the same results (thats now doing lowly home assistant linux work).

- I am about to play around with older j4125. It does still show the 3D display selection. And when you switch it on under windows 11, you can pretty much reinstall windows 11 because you then only get black picture. Aka: does not work there.

- I guess worst case i may need to rent an actual intel NUC from Amazon, because that seems to be the only option to get actual replies from Intel support about what their chip does. Else they all just refer to the OEM, and that of course is just a black hole.

- There is some thread on reddit to do Full-HD 3D by creating a custom resolution 1920x2205 even via Intel graphics command center. Alas, the N95 did not support to set such a resolution (win10/11). But it might be a way out of the fact that we're likely going to loose the native 3D MVC resolution support in windows 11. With a bit of luck, higher end Intel boxes (Pentium or the like) might be given more driver level features. At least it does not look like a good option to be stuck with old hardware to do MVC, when it doesn't do AV1, HDR or windows 11...
(2023-05-26, 02:58)te36 Wrote: - I am about to play around with older j4125. It does still show the 3D display selection. And when you switch it on under windows 11, you can pretty much reinstall windows 11 because you then only get black picture. Aka: does not work there.
Wondering if it would work under Windows 10. Something like this.

I'm wanting to get back into HTPC solely for 3D. Gave up on an all-in-one box long ago. For 4K, I use Zidoo Z9X & Fire Cube 3 as both have DV support.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0