Green screens
Not sure if this is related to other issues, but if I stream from my SMB or addon there is a delay and a green screen before the playback. Same happens if I do a FF/ next chapter, pause with green screen. Anyone else have this?
(2021-10-30, 21:58)scissors Wrote: Not sure if this is related to other issues, but if I stream from my SMB there is a delay and a green screen before the playback. Same I'd I do a FF/ next chapter. Anyone else have this?

I believe this is usually related to having hardware acceleration turned on. SMB likely doesn't have anything to do with it.
I used to have the same issue...

Goto Setting -> Player -> Video -> Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2.

Disable it/turn it off
(2021-10-30, 22:44)ZennMystic Wrote: I used to have the same issue...

Goto Setting -> Player -> Video -> Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2.

Disable it/turn it off

Doh. Totally forgot about that. Thanks. It's an old know issue and i should've known better
Can anyone affected post a debug log?

At least to know Xbox model and is is common to all or model specific.
Hi, i can confirm i have the "random green screen" problem with Xbox One Kodi 18.9 on SMB shares (when i click Next video).
I don't have this problem with Xbox Series X Kodi 18.9 and 19.3 (Hardware Acceleration is at ON) with the same SMB shares (when i click Next video).

The Xbox One "random green screen" problem is intermittent (when i click Next video) and if i wait 2-3 second, the green screen disappear and everything is fine.
The audio play fine when this "random green screen" appear.

Another note: Xbox Series X is a lot faster to execute "next video".

Edit : I confirm i have the same "random green screen" problem with Xbox One Kodi 19.3 on DLNA shares (when i click Next video).
Then, like previous posts said, i think it's not related to SMB.
(2021-11-02, 00:19)Chicopower Wrote: i have the "random green screen" problem with Xbox One Kodi 18.9

Seems is model specific Xbox One S/X (have less memory that Series S/X). Is good to know that happens with 18.9 too, so it's not a regression.

Happens width all codecs / resolutions or only with HEVC codec?   4K only?   (media video resolution, not output resolution)
(2021-11-03, 10:34)jogal Wrote: Happens width all codecs / resolutions or only with HEVC codec?   4K only?   (media video resolution, not output resolution)

I've only ever noticed this with HAVC. Everything I have in HEVC isn't affected. Resolution also doesn't seem to matter, as it happens with anything from 480 to 1080. I'm on an Xbone S, and it seems isolated to the x264 codec. I don't have anything in XviD or the like, otherwise I would test that as well.
(2021-11-03, 18:03)Joom Wrote:
(2021-11-03, 10:34)jogal Wrote: Happens width all codecs / resolutions or only with HEVC codec?   4K only?   (media video resolution, not output resolution)

I've only ever noticed this with HAVC. Everything I have in HEVC isn't affected. Resolution also doesn't seem to matter, as it happens with anything from 480 to 1080. I'm on an Xbone S, and it seems isolated to the x264 codec. I don't have anything in XviD or the like, otherwise I would test that as well.

It’s looks like the hw decoder for x264 is broken for both series X/S

Live tv stream with tvheadend client is also x264 and only works with software decoding.
When hw decoding is enabled you get green screen/ artifacts.
(2021-11-03, 21:45)Pienoet Wrote: t’s looks like the hw decoder for x264 is broken for both series X/S

This statement is contradicted by:
(2021-11-02, 00:19)Chicopower Wrote: I don't have this problem with Xbox Series X Kodi 18.9 and 19.3 (Hardware Acceleration is at ON)

I know you have problems with "tvheadend" but trying to magnify the problem here will not fix it any faster. Possibly the opposite because it will cause misinformation.
(2021-11-03, 18:03)Joom Wrote: I don't have anything in XviD or the like, otherwise I would test that as well.

May be worth test with MPEG2 streams at 1920x1080 (format used by live TV recordings). Seems related with:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3068713

Seems a AMD specific issues in both Windows x64 and Xbox  (Xbox uses AMD graphics chip)
Ive been using kodi on the xbox one for 3 yrs and ive always had the green screen when i start a video or fast forward it only stays for 3 seconds then its gone its never been a problem
(2021-11-04, 12:31)jogal Wrote:
(2021-11-03, 21:45)Pienoet Wrote: t’s looks like the hw decoder for x264 is broken for both series X/S

This statement is contradicted by:
(2021-11-02, 00:19)Chicopower Wrote: I don't have this problem with Xbox Series X Kodi 18.9 and 19.3 (Hardware Acceleration is at ON)

I know you have problems with "tvheadend" but trying to magnify the problem here will not fix it any faster. Possibly the opposite because it will cause misinformation.

Sorry for that i was not to intend to do that.
(2021-11-04, 12:38)jogal Wrote:
(2021-11-03, 18:03)Joom Wrote: I don't have anything in XviD or the like, otherwise I would test that as well.

May be worth test with MPEG2 streams at 1920x1080 (format used by live TV recordings). Seems related with:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3068713

Seems a AMD specific issues in both Windows x64 and Xbox  (Xbox uses AMD graphics chip)

This "green flash" at the beginning of videos when hardware acceleration is enabled has been occurring since November 2018 on Xbox Ones (or at least One X). It began after the Xbox system update that month. VLC's Xbox app suffers the same issue. I can grab a log this weekend, if you like. Perhaps you guys have a better way to bring it to MS's attention?
@jogal

Here's a log of the green flash with DXVA at the beginning of video and after seek. I used a streaming video from the Rooster Teeth addon on 18.9. Hope that's okay.

https://paste.kodi.tv/agubixacuc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green screens0