Solved Freeze while importing library on Shield
Hi,

I recently had to completely reset Kodi on my Shield, thereby losing my entire library (long story). My physical disability means using the Shield remote is tricky, so I decided to recreate my library on my Windows PC (I have thousands of films including duplicates, alternate names and slightly incorrect years, so it still took me weeks!). I exported the completed library to a single XML file and replaced the Windows file paths with the Shield ones (as a test, I checked this early on in my library rebuild and the destination replacements worked perfectly Smile ).

My problem now is that Kodi keeps freezing exactly an hour into importing the library, even when I prevent it going into screensaver mode (only Kodi freezes - the Shield itself is fine). There are 5200 films to scan in, some with custom names and local artwork, which are spread across multiple hard drives and our 5 Mb/s internet doesn't exactly help matters.

Is freezing after an hour of "inactivity" a known bug? Is there a way to split the XML file into 2 halves? Is there a way to cancel and resume importing without importing what's already been scanned?

Many Thanks in advance Smile
@Chrimbo

There is no known bug causing freezing.

We do not recommend the single file export as explained in the warning box here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File

Use the Separate files method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!! In case anyone else has this issue, occasionally press home on the Shield remote and then reenter Kodi Smile
(2021-11-03, 20:06)Karellen Wrote: @Chrimbo

We do not recommend the single file export as explained in the warning box here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File

Weird timing haha! Just solved it (see above) Smile

Read up about single vs. separate, but single suited my needs better in this case. Thanks anyway Smile
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-03, 17:13)Chrimbo Wrote: Hi,

I recently had to completely reset Kodi on my Shield, thereby losing my entire library (long story). My physical disability means using the Shield remote is tricky, so I decided to recreate my library on my Windows PC (I have thousands of films including duplicates, alternate names and slightly incorrect years, so it still took me weeks!). I exported the completed library to a single XML file and replaced the Windows file paths with the Shield ones (as a test, I checked this early on in my library rebuild and the destination replacements worked perfectly Smile ).

My problem now is that Kodi keeps freezing exactly an hour into importing the library, even when I prevent it going into screensaver mode (only Kodi freezes - the Shield itself is fine). There are 5200 films to scan in, some with custom names and local artwork, which are spread across multiple hard drives and our 5 Mb/s internet doesn't exactly help matters.

Is freezing after an hour of "inactivity" a known bug? Is there a way to split the XML file into 2 halves? Is there a way to cancel and resume importing without importing what's already been scanned?

Many Thanks in advance Smile
Use Embermedia manager..
It will help you a lot to pick the poster - fanart etc you want, you can also check duplicate files, rename files... using it in a really big movie library..
and it will save you lots of time ... Wink
(2021-11-03, 20:06)Karellen Wrote: @Chrimbo

I am having the same issue... 
i have reported it here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365072
thought it was solved .. but it appears randomly when updating library.. most of the time kodi crashes when updating my really big library 

will try the proposed workaround..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze while importing library on Shield0