Showing What's Going to be Recorded in Guide
Note that it also works in Amber version 3.4.11.
@Toricred , could you please try again the latest from GitHub? It seems I missed one thing.  Please let me know if now it is fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Still not working. I can run a debug log again.
Here's the debug log. There are different errors now:

https://paste.kodi.tv/anoqixiqar.kodi
(2021-11-19, 02:55)Toricred Wrote: Here's the debug log. There are different errors now:

@Toricred , thanks for the log.  The only error I could see there is an image that Kodi was not finding (one of the PVR indicators), due to a typo on my part.  I just fixed that.  Please trye this, even though I am not sure that this will fix the issue for you, since the same typo was present in 3.4.11.

One further question, the icons you do not see, is it just when the item is focused, or are they not there for items that are not focused as well? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
They don't show up when focused and when not focused.
I assumed you meant to try the one from github. Unfortunately that didn't work, but now there's an asterisk in front of the names of some shows. Not ones I have timers for so I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
I also saw this error in there that might be related:

2021-11-18 17:51:40.712 T:14436 ERROR <general>: PVR::CPVRItem::GetRecording: Unsupported item type!
(2021-11-19, 19:23)Toricred Wrote: I assumed you meant to try the one from github. Unfortunately that didn't work, but now there's an asterisk in front of the names of some shows. Not ones I have timers for so I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

@Toricred , that indicator is for programmes that are New/Live/Premiere/Finale.  The typo I had before prevented Kodi from finding that image. 

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-11-19, 19:42)Toricred Wrote: 2021-11-18 17:51:40.712 T:14436 ERROR <general>: PVR::CPVRItem::GetRecording: Unsupported item type!

@Toricred, that does not look like a skin issue to me.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-11-19, 19:10)Toricred Wrote: They don't show up when focused and when not focused.

@Toricred, thanks for the info.  I really would like to get to the bottom of this, and I need further assistance from you to do it, since I cannot replicate the issue.  Since from the log I see that you are running under Windows, could you please install another instance of Kodi Matrix 19.3 in portable mode (https://kodi.wiki/view/Portable_mode) in a different folder? When you do this, please make sure that when you are finishing the installation, you do not select "Run Kodi" at the end.  

In that portable installation, please install your pvr client, and install Amber from the Kodi repo, which should be version 3.4.11.  Go to the EPG, select a programme and from the context menu, choose Record.  Please post here a screenshot of the EPG that shows the correct indicator being displayed. 

The Print Screen key in your keyboard should trigger Kodi taking a screenshot, and if it is your first time doing so, Kodi will ask you for a folder to place the screenshots in.  To post the screenshot here, you can use the i button that is to the right of the smiley face in the forum toolbar.  When you hit that, it will ask you to choose a file from your file system and will post an imgur album containing your screenshot.

Now, quit the Kodi portable instance, and start your main Kodi instance.  Go to the EPG, select a programme (a different one from the one before), and from the context menu, choose Record.  Please post here a screenshot of the EPG that shows no indicator being displayed.

You see, my impression is that this did not work in 3.4.11 either, since the code for the EPG is almost identical between the two versions.  I want to ascertain if my theory is correct or not.  If it is not, then I need to keep looking for another cause to the issue.

Thank you for your assistance in this issue.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
The show I set to record is Bonanza in 3.4.11

The show I set to record in 3.4.31 is Cold Case

Note that the Record stuff works. It is just timer stuff that's not working.
So the Timers that don't show the icon now appear to be the ones with the asterisk. Is there someplace to tell Kodi or Amber how many icons to show or which ones to show?
(2021-11-19, 21:43)Toricred Wrote: So the Timers that don't show the icon now appear to be the ones with the asterisk. Is there someplace to tell Kodi or Amber how many icons to show or which ones to show?

@Toricred , I apologize that I did not remember that it was some timers that did not work.  It makes sense that the ones not showing an icon were those for which Kodi was not able to find the image, and it also makes sense now that those timer icons do not show in the newest version, as I changed the order in which to determine which icon to show.  I just fixed the code so that if the item has a timer, timer schedule, etc., this icon will take precedence over the live/premiere/finale icon.

Could you please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if you are now seeing the correct icons for those timers? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Now it seems to be working. Thanks for your patience with me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing What's Going to be Recorded in Guide0