Solved Background Music now completely disabled in Kodi 19.3?
Before, the Background Music feature was broken in Kodi because Kodi would shut itself down after exactly 1 minute of being outside the Kodi app, making it utterly useless for playing music in the background whilst playing games and such.

I saw a new update to Kodi the other day and foolishly thought this version might have fixed this issue and got Background Music working properly.

On the contrary, the new 19.3 "Matrix" version of Kodi seems to have completely disabled Background Music altogether. Now the app doesn't even play music in the background at all. The audio pauses the instant I "minimise" Kodi and go to the Xbox dashboard or a game. The music continues from the exact point it left off when I move back to Kodi again. 

I can only assume that the Kodi developers deliberately removed the entire feature. If so, may ask why? That's literally the only reason I was interested in Kodi on my Xbox, and many others would download Kodi in a heartbeat if it had this feature.
(2021-11-06, 21:56)Fuzzard Wrote: The removal of the backgroundmediaplayback capability was actually a requirement from Microsoft for the submission to the app store.
We were told we can't have that and the hevcplayback capability at the same time.
(2021-11-06, 22:45)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-11-06, 21:56)Fuzzard Wrote: The removal of the backgroundmediaplayback capability was actually a requirement from Microsoft for the submission to the app store.
We were told we can't have that and the hevcplayback capability at the same time.
Yeah, I just saw on the other thread.

That is seriously screwed up. I apologize for assuming the fault lied with the Kodi developers, I should've known this was the usual Microsoft BS. 

Hey, how about a stripped down version of Kodi specifically for playing music on Xbox? Just a thought, ha.
(2021-11-07, 12:22)Top Dollar Wrote: Hey, how about a stripped down version of Kodi specifically for playing music on Xbox? Just a thought, ha.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Rofl
Thread marked solved.
(2021-11-07, 13:10)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-11-07, 12:22)Top Dollar Wrote: Hey, how about a stripped down version of Kodi specifically for playing music on Xbox? Just a thought, ha.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Rofl
Lol, didn't think so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background Music now completely disabled in Kodi 19.3?0