How to Properly Setup NFO File for STRM File So It Successfully Scrapes Into Library
Kodi Version: Build 18.7 Git:20200520-f14f7a84e3
Windows Version: Windows 10 (kernel: Windows NT 10.0.19043)
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz / 64 bit
RAM: 16201 MB

I'm trying to determine how do I get a STRM file to properly get scrapped into my video library. The STRM file successfully plays, yet the NFO file I created for the STRM file does not add the STRM file to the library when I select the "Scan to library" option in the context menu. This is with the content setting of "Movies" using the "Local information only" information provider option.

Internet video and audio streams - Offical Kodi Wiki
The link above in the Kodi wiki states in section 2 that it's possible to add a STRM file to the library using an NFO file just like any other NFO file for a video file, yet it doesn't seem to be working for me when I follow the standard NFO file rules for a movie.
Code:
2 Adding STRM files to the library
You can associate meta-data, such as cover art and summaries, to a .strm file just like normal entries in a library by using an NFO file, just as you would for a normal video file.

Any advice to help me get this STRM file added to the my library is much appreciated.
(2021-11-08, 05:12)OnyxCody Wrote: Any advice to help me get this STRM file added to the my library is much appreciated.
Can you provide a Debug Log of you attempting to scrape the stream file into the library.
Also copy the contents of the nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-08, 06:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-11-08, 05:12)OnyxCody Wrote: Any advice to help me get this STRM file added to the my library is much appreciated.
Can you provide a Debug Log of you attempting to scrape the stream file into the library.
Also copy the contents of the nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link

Here is the Debug Log link:
Debug Log

Here is the NFO file link:
NFO File

Thanks
@OnyxCody

Kodi is not seeing the nfo file.
How is the nfo file named and how is the stream file named. A screenshot of your folder will be helpful.

Ensure the encoding for the nfo file is UTF-8

Also you need to add a UniqueID...
xml:

<uniqueid type="imdb"></uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true"></uniqueid>

If one does not exist, then make one up. eg
xml:

<uniqueid type="home" default="true">00001</uniqueid>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-08, 10:32)Karellen Wrote: @OnyxCody

Kodi is not seeing the nfo file.
How is the nfo file named and how is the stream file named. A screenshot of your folder will be helpful.

Ensure the encoding for the nfo file is UTF-8

Also you need to add a UniqueID...
xml:

<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true"></uniqueid>

If one does not exist, then make one up. eg
xml:

<uniqueid type="home" default="true">00001</uniqueid>

So here's the screenshot of the file directory showing how I named the STRM file and its associated NFO file, which is named exactly the same as the STRM file. The same process I would do for any other NFO file.
As you suggested, I added in a generic "home" ID for the NFO file, and all NFO files that I manually create are always using UTF-8 encoding.
Code:
    <id>00000001</id>
    <uniqueid type="home" default="true">00000001</uniqueid>

Though I will add that for every other NFO file I've created for content which was not stored in one of the info scrapper sites, I've always left the ID value null and Kodi would still add that content to the library after a scan.

Then I tried to scrap the STRM file into the library again after making that change to the NFO file and basically the same results as before
Code:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir G:\Video\Movies\DC\DC Animated Universe Collection (1992)\

Here is the Debug Log again showing that it's still not adding the STRM file to the library
Debug Log

Here is the updated NFO file with the changes mentioned eariler
NFO File

Thanks
(2021-11-08, 12:13)OnyxCody Wrote: I've always left the ID value null and Kodi would still add that content to the library after a scan.
Yep, it will, but you have left a large defect in your library. It is more of a problem with tv shows and episodes.
Some addons look for imdbid, and for tv shows it can be a major problem. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2730734

(2021-11-08, 12:13)OnyxCody Wrote: Then I tried to scrap the STRM file into the library again after making that change to the NFO file and basically the same results as before
Ok, so I tried to scrape a stream file and experienced the same problem as you. It would not scan and I received an error message "There are no video files in this folder". Looks like there is a bug and now that I have tested this I vaguely recall somebody else raising the same problem.

I found two ways around the problem.

In Video>Files find your movie.
1. If you highlight the stream file, press i on your keyboard and this will start a scan for that file
2. If you highlight the folder the stream file is in (if you use movie folders) from the context menu select "Scan for new content"

Let me know if either of those work. They work here for me.
My Signature
(2021-11-09, 00:20)Karellen Wrote: I found two ways around the problem.

In Video>Files find your movie.
1. If you highlight the stream file, press i on your keyboard and this will start a scan for that file
2. If you highlight the folder the stream file is in (if you use movie folders) from the context menu select "Scan for new content"

Let me know if either of those work. They work here for me.
Sorry for the late replay. I was quite deflated in my attempts to figure this out as I had tried both methods you suggested already, and neither worked for me. Yet thanks for the suggestions anyway.
Bumming this thread again to see if this issue I'm having, utilizing the debug log I provided, is something that is a possible bug, and if so, would it be addressed sometime within the next few Kodi releases?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Properly Setup NFO File for STRM File So It Successfully Scrapes Into Library0