Video Player - Skip steps and Faster rewind
Hello,

when I´m watching a video I can skip step only for -10s / 10s but not less.
I would like to skip video for 3 or 5 seconds.
Also would like to be able to speed up video. So I can watch in 1.10x or 1.25x speed.

Really need these features.
I heard on other forum I can bind keys if I want these options but I give up trying as you have to complete many steps and it didn´t work.
I think every video player should have these features.

Thank you.
Skip steps (wiki) times are fully configurable in the GUI.

Watch speed has also been requested and discussed before - here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-11-14, 13:49)DarrenHill Wrote: Skip steps (wiki) times are fully configurable in the GUI.

Watch speed has also been requested and discussed before - here.

Yes, as I said... these two features are included in many video players and I think it should be included in settings.
Rather than configuring GUI as I tried but it was hard and confusing for someone who have no experience with this.
There´s already keyboard.xml folder in Programfiles/Kodi/system/keymaps 
and I don´t have access to change anything.
For keymaps (wiki), you either use the keymap editor addon (from the official repo) or you can manually create them yourself.

They go into the keymaps sub-folder in the userdata (wiki) and will override the default system keymaps.

There's full details in the wiki link on how to set the skip steps - it's as simple as we can make it. And the GUI is certainly much simpler than changing settings files. But if you must do it that way, there are settings in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) which you can use to make the same changes (in the 2.2.2 video section of that wiki page for details).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
All I want is Kodi add these two simple features in new version !
I am not a programmer and all of these tutorials etc. takes so much time plus its hard and then you don´t even fix it because of other reasons like I don´t get access to folders or you create other problem.
There is no way video player is missing 1.10x, 1.25x,... speed. It has only 2.0x you cannot watch a video this way plus sound.
Of course as you speed up video you cannot get pitched sounds.
And for what reason is there minimum only -10s / 10s skip step. I need 3 or 5 secs.
Using an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file is not difficult, most people can manage it easily enough who want such features.

All you need to do is create the file and add the line <seeksteps>3,5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60</seeksteps> into it, as detailed in the wiki.

That will add your 3s and 5s seek steps that you want.

As I said before, there has already been discussion around the playback speed change. But thus far no-one has taken up the baton to implement it, so it isn't there.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Player - Skip steps and Faster rewind0