Kodi DoVi
Hello world !

How do work kodi with DoVi please Windows ?

only HDR for me not DovI or HDR10+... why ?

thx for answering.

asox
Windows does not support Dolby Vision via the DirectX api.
(2021-11-15, 03:19)jjd-uk Wrote: Windows does not support Dolby Vision via the DirectX api.

never update for kodi ?

kodi dont work with atmos and hdma, it encode sound..... why ?
Well it's impossible for us to support Dolby Vision on Windows if Microsoft do not provide an API.

As for Atmos, TrueHD, DTS-X, and DTS-HD MA, Kodi will pass all those through to an AVR if you have appropriate hardware.
(2021-11-15, 03:40)jjd-uk Wrote: Well it's impossible for us to support Dolby Vision on Windows if Microsoft do not provide an API.

As for Atmos, TrueHD, DTS-X, and DTS-HD MA, Kodi will pass all those through to an AVR if you have appropriate hardware.

wow...
what is API for windows ? and AVR ?
API = Application Programming Interface
AVR = Audio/Video Receiver
thx Klojum. ^^

I have to figure out how to tell Kodi to let HD sound pass through the settings.
Hello !

i try mode passtrhough from kody but the Atmos doesnt work.... i dont know why...
(2021-11-24, 00:42)asox27 Wrote: i try mode passtrhough from kody but the Atmos doesnt work.... i dont know why...
Does your AVR support Atmos? Do you have an AVR?

Also check your Windows drivers to see what formats are available for you via the AVR.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I only have a soundbar with the possibility of playing ATMOS sound and a computer where I read my movies with kody. But the soundbar is plugged into the TV.
What type of Atmos? You can have Atmos that uses Dolby Digital Plus (what streaming apps typically use) or Dolby TrueHD (what Bluray typically uses).

Are you connecting your computer to the TV? then using either ARC or eARC to get sound to the soundbar? if so what does your TV support, ARC or eARC? If trying to playback TrueHD based Atmos then your TV must be capable of passing it through which not all TV's can do, so you need to check if the TV has eARC support, and if so can it pass TrueHD over eARC, and in addition some TV's have a setting to switch between sending LPCM or passthrough.

You could also try connecting your computer direct to the soundbar.
(2021-11-24, 13:26)jjd-uk Wrote: What type of Atmos? You can have Atmos that uses Dolby Digital Plus (what streaming apps typically use) or Dolby TrueHD (what Bluray typically uses).

Are you connecting your computer to the TV? then using either ARC or eARC to get sound to the soundbar? if so what does your TV support, ARC or eARC? If trying to playback TrueHD based Atmos then your TV must be capable of passing it through which not all TV's can do, so you need to check if the TV has eARC support, and if so can it pass TrueHD over eARC, and in addition some TV's have a setting to switch between sending LPCM or passthrough.

You could also try connecting your computer direct to the soundbar.
The type of Atmos depends on the source, either Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD. If connecting a computer to the TV, check if the TV supports ARC or eARC and if it can pass TrueHD over eARC. Connecting the computer directly to the soundbar is an alternative option to explore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DoVi0