smarttv advise
can anyone suggest a smart tv that will run kodi on the tv i just returned a Philips android tv as spectrum doesn't have a android app and i have to be able to run the spectrum app on it also so any tv suggestions would be great
If you had checked your spectrum website, you would notice specific support for Samsung. Personally I would get the 'dumbest' TV possible with the best panel display, and run Kodi on an external device. The whole "phone home" functionality and forced advertising on TVs is not appealing to me.

Most TVs anyway, certainly Philips, are using relatively slow/outdated hardware compared to what you encounter in the latest smartphones. The amount of disk storage is usually not that large, 8GB seems to be the current max. People with an extensive media collection, may run into troubles with the limited available disk storage because of Kodi's thumbnail cache setup.
ok thanks, i have been trying to consolidate remotes as i currently use a dumb tv with boxes but am sick of remotes
Use an Universal Remote rather then universal TV. They usually handle 4-8 devices with ease...
Or use a Pi or something else that is CEC (wiki) compatible (or can accept a CEC adaptor) and just use the TV remote...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-12-02, 03:34)yonu Wrote: can anyone suggest a smart tv that will run kodi on the tv i just returned a Philips android tv as spectrum doesn't have a android app and i have to be able to run the spectrum app on it also so any tv suggestions would be great

100% support others saying don't buy a TV based on it's 'Smart' functionality. Smart TVs are usually disappointing in Smart terms, with underpowered SoCs, compromised OS implementations and apps etc.

Personally I'd always go for the best picture quality TV I can afford, ignoring any built in Smart TV functionality, and use an external Kodi solution. (And by far the best DRM Streaming device I've owned - if that's relevant - is the Apple TV 4K v2. It doesn't run pure Kodi easily - but there is MrMC - which is a fork of Kodi without Python add-ons which works pretty well if you want locally stored content played back - though this has to be from network storage as the ATV doesn't have USB sockets for direct connection of hard drives / flash drives etc.)

For pure Kodi - AMLogic boxes running CoreElec are pretty good at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smarttv advise0