Kodi lib update crashes after adding some new movies
Hi everyone,

I got a strange Kodi behaviour since years now regarding the updates of the video library. When I update the library the update process seems to get "stuck" after some movies. Example: I have 10 new movies added to my source path (NAS) and like to see them in my lib. When I hit update, the process will start and with a bit of luck add 2-3 new movies to the library and then crash. Kodi is still useable, but the movies will only appear in the lib after restarting Kodi. Update progress shows "Scanning for new content" every time it crashes. Now I want to add a lot of movies to my library and this would take ages with a progress of 2-3 movies per try.

My setting: I use a Synology NAS for the mySQL database for movies and tv shows as well as the thumbnails (can be seen andvancedsettings in the log file posted). My movies and tv shows are on the same NAS. They are strcutred in the way Kodi likes it --> movies: movies/movie1/movie1.mkv, and tv shows the same way. The metadata files and fanarts etc. are created with tinymediamanager and stored within the respective folder. Kodi runs on FireTV stick on version 19.3. I tried adding new movies with the option of scanning TMDB and with local information only. Both results are the same although it seems like local information leads to some more movies added.

My log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/towarajuko.kodi

I searched tons of forums but found no one with similar problems and similar settings. Any ideas?
No one with an idea?
(2021-12-14, 21:26)xray1509 Wrote: No one with an idea?
No idea. But I can make a suggestion.
You are using MySQL, which indicates you have two or more Kodi installations. Try running your library update from a more powerful machine.

I do see other problems in your log, like why you have tv shows in your movie source, and what are all the URL links? are you somehow trying to use stream files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi lib update crashes after adding some new movies0