setting video calibration via json?
Hello fellow people

I wondered if i can set the videocalibration via json rpc... according to the documentation i did not find anything like that. I am using an HDMI-Mixer to switch between monitors in my smarthome via node-red and one of them needs a special videocalibration but the other one does not. 

Is there any way to achieve this? like monitor-profiles?
Video calibration should the last resort to fix a display.

All TVs (including the new ones) still default to enable the "overscan" feature from back in the days of the CRT screens.
You should pick the correct setting on your TV so that it displays the video signal as 1:1, as in pixel perfect.
Have a look in your TV's manual for such a setting.
I know that but this does not help me nor does it answer the question.

I am working with a beamer here... the beamer is for architectural reasons too far away from the wall it projects on... therefor the projection is too big... think of an art installation.
(2021-12-14, 17:49)zen85 Wrote: I know that but this does not help me nor does it answer the question.

Okay, good luck with the next contestant.
(2021-12-14, 18:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-12-14, 17:49)zen85 Wrote: I know that but this does not help me nor does it answer the question.

Okay, good luck with the next contestant.

did i say something wrong? i certainly did not mean to....

so am i right, that this is out of scope for the json api or am i overlooking something?
Yes, you are correct. This is not implemented yet. Not saying that it will be. But I would like to avoid saying "this can't be done via JSON API" Wink
now you made me think... maybe i could do this?

I mean.... i found this in the guisettings.xml

userdate/guisettings.xml
then found this in the file
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 59.940060 - Full Screen</description>
            <subtitles>2084</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>

sooooo..... i think a simple change in the guisettings would do it? 

Is anybody aware of another command that just changes things in the guisettings.xml? it should be straightforward to just switch out the necessary variables and i would be so happy to finally be able to have this.
... i am a mediocre programmer at best... but i think this should be doable if there is something similar already out there....
so after some trying i see that it is not that trivial.... Smile

now i want to achive my goal with Player.CustomViewMode.

When i try the following command:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.CustomViewMode","params":{"playerid":1,"zoom":"0.5"},"id":1}

it tells me that this method does not exist... while it clearly does though....? at least according to the documentation... 
https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#...omViewMode

Does anybody have an example of a working player.customviewmode call? i cant find any anywhere...
and yes... i am using matrix...
Player.CustomViewMode is a global type and not a method. Try your luck with: 

https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v12#...etViewMode

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting video calibration via json?0