Video randomly stops playing after a few minutes
This has started happening recently. Whether it's a TV show or a movie, kodi will stop playing the video and go back to the season menu or movie menu. The time seems totally random. Sometimes it's after a minute, sometimes after 10 minutes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Below is the log file from when it did this a few minutes ago. Kodi is running on an Nvidia Shield TV. None of the other apps on the Shield behave this way. I saw another post about someone having this problem and it maybe being related to an alarm setting that they found in their log, but my log doesn't seem to have this. The video files live on a QNAP, as does the database, in case that matters (though it's never been an issue in the past).

http://paste.kodi.tv/aqabubanad

I think Line 1200 is when the stuff relating to this issue starts, maybe a bit after that.
Seems like the issue was that I forgot to switch the Shield from Wi-Fi back to ethernet.
Do you use ASUS router and shield tv?
I do, yes. Shield TV, Asus router and synology nas

Happens on WiFi, Ethernet
(2021-12-24, 15:52)sayhi Wrote: Do you use ASUS router and shield tv?

Yes to both. Is this a known issue? Since switching back to ethernet the problem hasn't happened again.
(2022-01-08, 05:58)Ferkner Wrote:
(2021-12-24, 15:52)sayhi Wrote: Do you use ASUS router and shield tv?

Yes to both. Is this a known issue? Since switching back to ethernet the problem hasn't happened again.
Yes, this is a known problem. It's either shield or ASUS.https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348860&page=8
Recently started having this issue with my Shield and Google Chromecast with GoogleTV.  I did recently switch from WiFi to Ethernet on the Shield. I've tried switching back and unplugging the ethernet.  Issue persists on both types of connection even if I forget the wifi network. I am streaming from an NFS share. The issue does seem to be coinciding with streaming mkv file sizes greater than 4GB. Server side nothing has changed in at least a year. I've been using this same setup for 4 years without issue. I am using Ubiquiti network gear not ASUS. Not sure if that helps. I will try to find a way to get logs off the Shield and post them.
ok. So I got super frustrated trying to get logs off the Shield. Gave up and inadvertently may have fixed the problem with what I should have tried before posting here. I wiped my Cache and Data and set Kodi back up from scratch. So far this has resolved the issue. Im going to do the same on the GoogleTV next. I was able to watch a 12GB and a 6GB mkv last night with no issues, normally it would crash back to file list in just a couple minutes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video randomly stops playing after a few minutes0