Hide A Channel Group
Hello,

I have searched quite a bit but cannot find a way to do this. In the KODI Live TV settings there is a Group Manger that lists the IPTV channel groups being received. There is the ability to delete and rename, but no option to simply hide a channel group. Seems like a simple concept, but is this not possible?

Or do you have to manually setup your groups in the IPTV settings?

Thanks
(2021-12-29, 22:46)leejk Wrote: There is the silty to delete and rename, but no option to simply hide a channel group. Seems like a simple concept, but is this not possible?
I'm using Windows and the 3rd option down on the Group Manager is a radio button to 'Hide Group'.
Are you saying you don't have this option on your version of Kodi?
(2021-12-30, 05:27)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-12-29, 22:46)leejk Wrote: There is the silty to delete and rename, but no option to simply hide a channel group. Seems like a simple concept, but is this not possible?
I'm using Windows and the 3rd option down on the Group Manager is a radio button to 'Hide Group'.
Are you saying you don't have this option on your version of Kodi?
Ah, it was the skin I was using... it did not show that option. Switching back to Estuary showed it.

However, hiding a group doesn't work as expected. If I hide a group then ONLY that group is displayed in the guide. A bug? Runing Matrix 19.3
Hmmm, that's pretty odd.
When I last used the feature 2-3 weeks ago on 19.3 it worked as expected, but that was using a different client. Can't remember if I needed to restart Kodi for changes to be applied.
Maybe submit a debug log. Hopefully somebody will then investigate the issue.
As an alternative you specify custom channel groups in the addon settings.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...s-channels

It works by providing an whitelist for groups you want displayed.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I tried it again and discovered a few more details, but it still doesn't work as expected. I'm using the Pluto TV add-on in combination with the HD Homerun Simple add-on. I was just trying to hide the Spanish channel group defined by Pluto TV.. As mentioned, when I hide this group the EPG will only show the Spanish group along with all the local channels from the HD Homerun add-on. I noticed when the EPG is like this, even though at the top of the EPG it says the All Channels group is active, if I click on that, it will again show all channels, not just the ones that belong to the group I made hidden. When I go back to the Group Manager, that group is still marked as hidden, yet that is not the case in the EPG. If if you look at the available group names listed at the top of the EPG, the one I have hidden is not shown. So is that the intended behavior, to only hide the group name but not the channels that belong to the group?
What i do after changing group settings is clear the channel / epg data. It prevents leftovers causing weird stuff.

For filtering the channels i try to stay away from changing anything local and go with custom channel groups. That seems to work pretty well.
Just to add, not using the 'opt-out' method you are trying, i would expect that as long as you include the 'all channels' group, all channels belonging to that group (including the Spanish ones) to be shown. Again, not tested.
(2021-12-30, 19:03)leejk Wrote: I tried it again and discovered a few more details, but it still doesn't work as expected. I'm using the Pluto TV add-on in combination with the HD Homerun Simple add-on. I was just trying to hide the Spanish channel group defined by Pluto TV.. As mentioned, when I hide this group the EPG will only show the Spanish group along with all the local channels from the HD Homerun add-on. I noticed when the EPG is like this, even though at the top of the EPG it says the All Channels group is active, if I click on that, it will again show all channels, not just the ones that belong to the group I made hidden. When I go back to the Group Manager, that group is still marked as hidden, yet that is not the case in the EPG. If if you look at the available group names listed at the top of the EPG, the one I have hidden is not shown. So is that the intended behavior, to only hide the group name but not the channels that belong to the group?

A channel can belong to many groups. Hiding one group does not effect other groups. If you want to exclude all channels in a group (and not have in the all channels group) then you should use the whitelist method in the addon for this purpose so they are never sent to kodi in the first place.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Quote:However, hiding a group doesn't work as expected. If I hide a group then ONLY that group is displayed in the guide. A bug? Runing Matrix 19.3

Yes, that’s a bug and I will come up with a fix the next days.
Fix for Nexus: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20761
Fix for Matrix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20764
Thank you everyone for the responses. I will try the whitelist method as well.
Does anyone know how to condense a playlist.. I've tried hiding channels in group manager of Kodi..I've tried making custom m3u lists.. Whatever I've done, wheni restart Kodi it loses all the things I've done.. Please help
Does anyone know how to condense a playlist.. I've tried hiding channels in group manager of Kodi..I've tried making custom m3u lists.. Whatever I've done, wheni restart Kodi it loses all the things I've done.. Please help
(2022-04-30, 04:43)Billicious Wrote: Does anyone know how to condense a playlist.. I've tried hiding channels in group manager of Kodi..I've tried making custom m3u lists.. Whatever I've done, wheni restart Kodi it loses all the things I've done.. Please help

I cannot follow what you mean by "tried making custom m3u lists". By default the IPTV Simple Client opens the entire list, and more specifically the list as last filtered by you using the side blade filtering options. You cannot tell IPTV Simple Client to open not the whole m3u list but a specific group/groups of it, and then make a shortcut to it.

It is not a bug in IPTV Simple Client, but a deficiency in the PVR section of the video library. Or you could say that it is not a deficiency, just that this section of Kodi's video library is still a work in progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide A Channel Group0