Req Option to scale DVD and BR subtitles (not text based subtitles)
Currently it's impossible to change the font size for DVD and BR subtitles because they are not text based but rather texture based.
So I propose a new feature similar to MPV player to scale the texture based subtitles, that works perfectly for BR subtitles for example.

sub-scale option in the mpv manual: https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-scale

_____

I often use MPV as external player and it can scale subs (with 0.1 step) for every video. You can increase/decrease sub-scale on the fly using shortcuts. So I use this feature very often. 
The biggest problem with Kodi player is that font size setting in the GUI only works for some videos. That is why I prefer to use MPV for videos with subtitles and not Kodi built-in player.
I hope to see some improvements here.
Kodi 20 nightly builds have much improved text sub handling.  I've never liked the texture subs so not sure how much they have been changed (if at all).

scott s.
> You can increase/decrease sub-scale on the fly using shortcuts

can you say what keyboard shortcut?

For image based subtitles very little has changed on Kodi 20 (until now) has been fixed the aspect ratio only

it might be possible to add a option, but some implementation considerations (i have no check MPV sourcecode):
- Currently seems we use the same subtitles code to create menu's and this can be a problem to be solved
- The image scaling on MPV, appears to be not only an image scaling but recalculate the coordinates of the images to keep it in to the screen size, the increased image size often can go off-screen and the cases can be:
long or multilines sentences and/or dialog style (dynamic text positions) (an example is english track of "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie of 2018)
- Add a generic subitle scaling feature that influence all type of subtitles, require to check what side effects could cause to adapted subtiltes like WebVTT for dialog style case
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-01-05, 10:31)CastagnaIT Wrote: can you say what keyboard shortcut?

It's probably disabled by default. I have it in the input.conf on Linux: ~/.config/mpv/input.conf

Code:

# increase subtitle font size
ALT+UP add sub-scale +0.1

# decrease subtitle font size
ALT+DOWN add sub-scale -0.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to scale DVD and BR subtitles (not text based subtitles)0