• 11(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2023-02-12, 06:39)nitro322 Wrote: Hello.  I'm trying to setup AKL to launch standalone games from within Kodi.  That is, launching native Linux games directly from Kodi/AKL, not running various ROMs and whatnot through an emulator.  If I understand correctly, I should be able to add a standalone game by select "Add new ROM (Standalone)", selecting Yes to the file based question (?? not actually sure of this step), then selecting the executable and giving it a name.  When I do that, though, I get an error message.  This is what shows up in the log:

Code:
2023-02-11 22:29:59.561 T:2488     INFO <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.repositories: Inserting new ROM 'ChainedEchoes'
2023-02-11 22:29:59.562 T:2488    ERROR <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.repositories: type: <class 'AttributeError'> value: module 'resources.lib.queries' has no attribute 'INSERT_ROM_IN_ROOTCATEGORY'
2023-02-11 22:29:59.563 T:2488    FATAL <general>: [plugin.program.akl] resources.lib.commands.mediator: Failure processing command "ADD_STANDALONE_ROM"
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/media/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.akl/resources/lib/commands/mediator.py", line 34, in sync_cmd
                                                       return a_command(args)
                                                     File "/home/media/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.akl/resources/lib/commands/rom_commands.py", line 711, in cmd_add_rom
                                                       category_repository.add_rom_to_category(parent_category.get_id(), rom_obj.get_id())
                                                     File "/home/media/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.akl/resources/lib/repositories.py", line 576, in add_rom_to_category
                                                       self._uow.execute(qry.INSERT_ROM_IN_ROOTCATEGORY, rom_id)
                                                   AttributeError: module 'resources.lib.queries' has no attribute 'INSERT_ROM_IN_ROOTCATEGORY'

I don't know what to do about that missing attribute error.  Seems like either I'm missing some dependency or possibly running into a bug.  or completely failing to understand how to add a standalone launcher.  Any suggestions on how to resolve?  This is with AKL 1.3.0 on Kodi 19.5.  The only additional AKL package I have installed is the default plugins, version 1.0.2.

Thanks.
Nothing wrong on your side, it is actually a typo in the addon code. I will have to fix it with a next release.
Until then the work around is to not add the standalone game under the root category, but to first create a category and add it there.
(2023-02-13, 09:26)ippytick Wrote:
(2023-02-12, 07:20)ippytick Wrote: Hi, I'm setting up a new kodi instance running version 20 (Nexus). In the past I have used advanced emulator launcher for games and browsers but being that there isn't a release for the latest version of Kodi I've decided to try AKL.

Today I have managed to setup all my games to run with the Arctic Zephyr reloaded skin and the retroplayer emulator which I am happy to report all works well. However when trying to launch the firefox browser to a specific website I am at a bit of a loss.

How does one setup a launcher to acheive this? I am sure it is the Rom Collection (standalone option) but I can't work it out. Once upon a time I used to create a shortcut file to the browsers .exe file then include the url in the shortcuts target and then link AEL to that file.
Ok I was an idiot but I’ve worked it out now. To start firefox at a particular website I had to
  1. Add new ROM (Standalone)
  2. Select the appropriate category
  3. Answer “No” to is it a file based ROM/executable
  4. Write the name for the launcher “Firefox”
  5. Go into the context menu of the newly created launcher
  6. Edit ROM
  7. Add new launcher to ROM
  8. Select Application launcher
  9. Find and select the firefox.exe
  10. In the Application arguments enter the website I wanted firefox to open to “www.example.com”
  11. Edit metadata/assets as appropriate

I must say I really love AKL it seems to work better than AEL just had to get used to the few differences.

I do have a couple more questions though that I can’t seem to find a solution too.

Firstly, whenever I run a game or application several notifications for Advanced Kodi Launcher popup in the right hand side of the screen e.g Rendering virtual collection, most played ROMS views reached, most played ROMS view rendered, etc. Is there a way to hide these notifications?

Secondly, when I go to AKL settings > Display > Special Categories/Launchers > and toggle the hide option for any of the Favorites, ROM Collections, Browse by, etc. an error appears after I rebuild the views and AKL immediately crashes. WhenI try to open it again it displays an error everytime I try, the error displayed is “Failed to execute route or command”. The only way I can fix this error is to uninstall the addon and reinstall it again.
Thanks for your input!
At the moment I do not have a setting to hide the notifications. Might be interesting, I will put it on the board. So only in the case when you launch a game etc you mean?
The second question looks like some error in the code. There are still many loose ends from AEL I haven't fully refactored in AKL, so it could be because of that. If you encounter it again please share the logs to help me out. I will have a look if I can figure it out myself.
So a little update in between. 
At the moment I am very busy building support for Sunshine (gamestreaming), the server solution for Moonlight. Since Nvidia is dropping the gamestream support this month Sunshine will be the best alternative solution. @mousex110 was already trying to get it to work with the AKL plugin, but the plugin still had some compatibility issues. At the moment I have a dev version working with Sunshine and I will complete it soon enough and come with a new RC version for the Gamestream plugin.

For those who might be interested. With Moonlight and Sunshine (https://moonlight-stream.org/) you can stream games from a PC to some client. Similar to SteamLink, but in my opinion far superior and an ideal case for Kodi and AKL.
Currently I have set up Playnite on my PC/server collecting all my games on that PC, made a little script to copy the game references to my Sunshine instance and let AKL connect to it to get the same collection in Kodi. If you have emulators that are too heavy/demanding for your Kodi client, you can run it through Sunshine and Playnite.
One thing what would be nice for Sunshine is to be able to add either tags or categories for the games, so that AKL can use that to apply the same in AKL itself. I made a feature request with Sunshine to get it there.
Please go to https://app.lizardbyte.dev/feedback?lng=en and find the feature request 'Categories or tags for games' and upvote to make it happen.
(2023-02-13, 12:17)chrisism Wrote: Thanks for your input!
At the moment I do not have a setting to hide the notifications. Might be interesting, I will put it on the board. So only in the case when you launch a game etc you mean?
The second question looks like some error in the code. There are still many loose ends from AEL I haven't fully refactored in AKL, so it could be because of that. If you encounter it again please share the logs to help me out. I will have a look if I can figure it out myself.

Yep just for when launching the games and applications, if possible. It's of particular importance when using retroplayer, as you can see the pop ups for sometime after the game has started. When using external emulators and applications it is not as important since Kodi gets pushed to the background and providing the external emulator/application is in fullscreen the notifications can't be seen. But I like using retroplayer for the intergration.

I'll reproduce the error tomorrow and post the logs. Where abouts is the setting for turning the logging on and where are they saved?
(2023-02-13, 12:38)ippytick Wrote:

Yep just for when launching the games and applications, if possible. It's of particular importance when using retroplayer, as you can see the pop ups for sometime after the game has started. When using external emulators and applications it is not as important since Kodi gets pushed to the background and providing the external emulator/application is in fullscreen the notifications can't be seen. But I like using retroplayer for the intergration.

I'll reproduce the error tomorrow and post the logs. Where abouts is the setting for turning the logging on and where are they saved?
Check the starting topic of this thread for details about enabling logging. If you go to AKL settings you can change log level to 'DEBUG' for most details. 
I like this addon (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader), where you simply upload the logs of the current session to paste.kodi.tv. Easy to share that way.
So more details about logs in kodi: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2023-02-13, 13:51)chrisism Wrote:
(2023-02-13, 12:38)ippytick Wrote:

Check the starting topic of this thread for details about enabling logging. If you go to AKL settings you can change log level to 'DEBUG' for most details. 
I like this addon (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader), where you simply upload the logs of the current session to paste.kodi.tv. Easy to share that way.

Coincidentally I ran into this same problem.  I'm only interested in using AKL to launch standalone games and applications at the moment, so I toggled the Hide settings on all categories and launchers and disabled the options for ROM tags.  Then did a Rebuild all.  Now I get that same Failed to execute route or command error when trying to launch AKL.

Here's a capture from the log when it occurs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uxuyatosej.kodi

That's verbose enough I didn't think you'd need the full debug log, but happy to provide that if needed.

And thanks for the guidance on my own problem earlier.  Funny enough, I added that new category to Kodi's favorites menu before I tried rebuilding my views, and at this point I can open that standalone launcher category directly from the favorites menu even through trying to open the main add-on menu fails.
(2023-02-14, 02:46)nitro322 Wrote:
(2023-02-13, 13:51)chrisism Wrote:
(2023-02-13, 12:38)ippytick Wrote: Yep just for when launching the games and applications, if possible. It's of particular importance when using retroplayer, as you can see the pop ups for sometime after the game has started. When using external emulators and applications it is not as important since Kodi gets pushed to the background and providing the external emulator/application is in fullscreen the notifications can't be seen. But I like using retroplayer for the intergration.

Coincidentally I ran into this same problem.  I'm only interested in using AKL to launch standalone games and applications at the moment, so I toggled the Hide settings on all categories and launchers and disabled the options for ROM tags.  Then did a Rebuild all.  Now I get that same Failed to execute route or command error when trying to launch AKL.

That's verbose enough I didn't think you'd need the full debug log, but happy to provide that if needed.

And thanks for the guidance on my own problem earlier.  Funny enough, I added that new category to Kodi's favorites menu before I tried rebuilding my views, and at this point I can open that standalone launcher category directly from the favorites menu even through trying to open the main add-on menu fails.
@nitro322 Glad to know it's not just me having the problem, usually these things are because I've messed something up

@chrisism Thanks for the help. Details are below. Scroll down to the very bottom of the log file for details or the error

Kodi: version 20 Nexus
AKL: 1.3.0
Debug log: http://paste.kodi.tv/jebekocife
(2023-02-14, 11:21)ippytick Wrote:
(2023-02-14, 02:46)nitro322 Wrote:
(2023-02-13, 13:51)chrisism Wrote: Check the starting topic of this thread for details about enabling logging. If you go to AKL settings you can change log level to 'DEBUG' for most details. 

@nitro322 Glad to know it's not just me having the problem, usually these things are because I've messed something up

@chrisism Thanks for the help. Details are below. Scroll down to the very bottom of the log file for details or the error

@nitro322, @ippytick 
There should be a hotfix release ready (version 1.3.1~rc3) in the beta repository. This should fix both the category creation error and the rendering issue. Since it crashes at startup I have added a special action button in the addon settings (tab 'advanced', increase level) to rebuild the views. Once rebuild it should be accessible again.
(2023-02-15, 10:22)chrisism Wrote:
(2023-02-14, 11:21)ippytick Wrote:
(2023-02-14, 02:46)nitro322 Wrote: Coincidentally I ran into this same problem.  I'm only interested in using AKL to launch standalone games and applications at the moment, so I toggled the Hide settings on all categories and launchers and disabled the options for ROM tags.  Then did a Rebuild all.  Now I get that same Failed to execute route or command error when trying to launch AKL.

@nitro322, @ippytick 
There should be a hotfix release ready (version 1.3.1~rc3) in the beta repository. This should fix both the category creation error and the rendering issue. Since it crashes at startup I have added a special action button in the addon settings (tab 'advanced', increase level) to rebuild the views. Once rebuild it should be accessible again.
Awesome. I'll take a look at this weekend and report back if there are any issues.
@chrisism I checked the updated AKL and the previous issue is no solved, however I have run into a couple further issues.

When trying to update the artwork for a ROM manually by using the “Import local ****** (copy and rename)” it doesn’t copy the file into the correct artwork folder (e.g. fanart) it just dumps in the root/parent directory. Maybe this is intentional but to me it doesn't make sense.

Also, with the stand alone ROM collections, I can’t get the boxfront art to show up in any of the views, only the fanart. The Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Estuary are both the same. Is there a special way to add this artwork?

Thanks.
(2023-02-18, 09:38)ippytick Wrote: @chrisism I checked the updated AKL and the previous issue is no solved, however I have run into a couple further issues.

I meant to say "issue is now solved". wish I could edit my posts.
(2023-02-18, 09:38)ippytick Wrote: @chrisism I checked the updated AKL and the previous issue is no solved, however I have run into a couple further issues.

When trying to update the artwork for a ROM manually by using the “Import local ****** (copy and rename)” it doesn’t copy the file into the correct artwork folder (e.g. fanart) it just dumps in the root/parent directory. Maybe this is intentional but to me it doesn't make sense.

Also, with the stand alone ROM collections, I can’t get the boxfront art to show up in any of the views, only the fanart. The Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Estuary are both the same. Is there a special way to add this artwork?

Thanks.
Looks like a asset paths misconfiguration or bug. Can you check the asset paths for that specific collection? (context menu on collection, manage roms, manage rom asset directories). Otherwise a log will help. 
Was it for a standalone ROM or a collection? The issue with the boxfront not showing might be related to this.
I'll wait with 1.3.1 to also get this fix in.

And you can actually edit your posts (check the edit box below your message) Wink
(2023-02-20, 18:20)chrisism Wrote: Looks like a asset paths misconfiguration or bug. Can you check the asset paths for that specific collection? (context menu on collection, manage roms, manage rom asset directories). Otherwise a log will help. 
Was it for a standalone ROM or a collection? The issue with the boxfront not showing might be related to this.
I'll wait with 1.3.1 to also get this fix in.

And you can actually edit your posts (check the edit box below your message) Wink
I checked the asset paths and all looks well. I have my paths as:

C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Games/SNES/Assets/fanart
C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Games/SNES/Assets/boxfront

and so on…

The ROM files are located in C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Games/SNES

The “Import local ****** (copy and rename)” option places the file in:

C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Games/SNES/Assets

I did an import of a fanart picture for the log file below. I thought that with AEL it used to import them into, for my example, C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Games/SNES/Assets/fanart. To clarifiy, this is for a ROM collection

http://paste.kodi.tv/ovamicejay

Regarding the boxfront, this issue is just with the standalone ROMs. I can’t find a way in the context menu to check the asset/artwork paths for this but I don’t think it is misconfigured as the fanart works fine. The folders I used when I setup the standalone was C:/Users/HTPC/Documents/Apps/. Also, when I select to "view the ROM" I can see the boxfront in that screen and it looks fine.

I stumbled upon another error when trying to find the asset/artwork paths for the standalone ROMs. If I go to the context menu > edit ROM > manage associated launchers > edit launcher > Application launcher (firefox.exe) > change application (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe) I get a AKL General failure error. See log below:

http://paste.kodi.tv/xudanikepu

Apparently the editing of posts is reserved for those who qualify by time and post count. I’m sure I meet the time requirement, but I guess not post count yet https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350192
Hello, i'm trying to launch linux games through my homescreen with this addon. I'm guessing the only way to do this is to launch .desktop or .sh files, but I don't know where to start to set everything up. Any help?
Upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 and kodi Nexus solved the issue. Thanks for your help Chris.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0