Query information for all artists
Hello-
Any idea why when I try to get artist info for my music library from the context menu and use “query information for all artists” it searches for the same few artists in the same order every time and skips the vast majority of my library? If I go in one by one with each and every artist single queries work fine. It would take a year to do it this way however.
@ArtVandalay7

Have you scanned the music files into the library first?
Music works different to the video library. Music files are scanned first using the embedded tags in the music file, then scraped for additional information.

It sounds like the few artists that work are scanned into the library, the others are not?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply…yes, all the artists have been scanned into the library.
"Query Information For All"  attempts to scrape artist information for all those artists that have not be been successfully scraped before. It is not a refresh function, information for previously scraped artists can only be refreshed one at a time. Generally Kodi avoids scraping the same things repeatedly so as to be a good neighbour to the remote site that provide the data.

Why do you want to rescrape previously scraped artists?

There could be reasons for this, and there are some work arounds to make it possible such as editing the music database (if you have a little tech knowledge) or dropping the source and recreating the library (more brutal but easy). Expain more what you are trying to achieve.
Very helpful reply thank you! I have found that a refresh of an already scraped artist (using generic artist scraper) will add the “band logo” in the top left of the artist info page which populates on the OSD when playing a track. It looks great so I want that to display for all the artists in my collection for which that is available.
So…what is the best way to do this? Strange that this worked fine on Kodi on my fire stick max but not on my fire cube. Maybe it’s some problem with the cube?…
Bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Query information for all artists0