Can I add another source for Music to KODI
Hi,

I have created a separate folder on my NAS for WAV files and DSD files. Is it possible to use another custom channel in my KODI to add these files as I dont want to disturb the default folder which is already added to my MUSIC.

***Link removed*** Please guide me..

Regards
Rajiv Kumar
(2022-02-25, 11:34)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: Is it possible to use another custom channel in my KODI to add these files
What do you mean by "custom channel"?
Do you mean another main menu item or another source containing the music files which then get added to the main library?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you mean add another menu on the left linking to them, then it's possible to do with a skin that allows editing of that menu, but not with the stock Estuary skin unless you modify the files yourself.

That said, Kodi can add multiple music sources to your music library, which you can then divide up using those sources by using smart playlists (wiki) and specifying which source you want to view.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yes another main menu item with another source containing the music files.
Can you please guide me as I am using Kodi on Nvidia. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the OS is crashing the moment I am using the other source.

Please if you can share a step by step process to help me as to ---

1. How can I add a separate music source from my NAS ?
2. Keep both of the music Sources separate on KODI and have the option to select the sources ?

Please help..
You can add new Sources from Kodi’s Settings, Media screen. Add a new new Music Source.

Then read this thread on how to set up Source nodes, so you can navigate via Kodi menus using Sources:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332718

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I add another source for Music to KODI0