Solved Stumped!
On Win7 x86, Kodi 18.9 or 19.3 installs perfectly and then ALL the available Kodi updates fail.

Anybody else?
Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Will try to navigate the vagaries of posting a log.
Tia
(2022-03-14, 04:55)Macaroni Slick Wrote: On Win7 x86, Kodi 18.9 or 19.3 installs perfectly and then ALL the available Kodi updates fail.
No problem here, both portable mode 18.9 and 19.4 (updated from 19.3 about a week ago) I never bothered to update Leia, too many changes with python 3 etc. and decided a new installation was in the cards and for the most part, I keep older installs to help support in these forums.

as Karellen suggested a proper full debug with logging turned on might offer up some clues as to the difficulties you are having. Posting the log is pretty straight forward if you're comfortable with file copy&paste and have toggled logging in the system settings.
Kodi logfile uploader install failed
Tried both as portables.
Tried both onboard.
Rebuilding an HP 110-3000 laptop and thought id give it a go...
Will try again tomorrow
(2022-03-14, 06:26)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Rebuilding an HP 110-3000 laptop and thought id give it a go...

That is a pretty prehistoric laptop... With ancient Intel graphics. I hope you weren't planning to run the latest 4K or 10bit video files.
(2022-03-14, 05:51)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Kodi logfile uploader install failed
You don't need it for Windows. Just go to your Kodi data folder (wiki) and find the log there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi logfile uploader install failed
Thanxeversomuch for your forbearance
(2022-03-14, 15:42)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Kodi logfile uploader install failed

Possibly the log file is simply too large. Cut the log file in half, and upload the two parts manually to https://paste.kodi.tv/ .
Hardly!
It has turned out to be a GREAT learning platform for the 67 year old! :-)
Replaced a keyboard, OS, drivers, and since I have not had any experience running KODI on a Windows platform, i figured i might learn a bit as i went along.
I have working Win10 version running on a separate platform.
Thanx for teaching me.
I try to get to logging up sometime today.
You ended just as vague as you started this forum thread, but I guess congrats on a now working system.
Thread marked solved.
Nonono...
I have Two machines...
One is a win7 which is kaput, trying to see if i can get kodi working on it for a gift to a niece.
The other is a Win10 that i had NO problems insralling anx running...
Please and thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stumped!0