Estuary (Default Skin) Music Improvements?
I recently attended Kodi Devcon and it was mentioned that Esturary doesnt really have a maintainer these days...
So I thought I would try and drum up some interest here by listing some music features that could be potentially added to the default skin to bring it in line with recent scraper and database features that have been improved.

- Album reviews
- 3D album artwork
- Animated spinning CDArt
- Artist WideThumb view
- Artist Clearart view
- Artist Cutout view

- Song rating album view 
- Music Video song link support
- Show album back cover on Now playing screen
- Album spine view

If anyone has any more feature requests, post them here and maybe someone will take it up.
Hi @docwra 
I have a button on my music OSD that opens a new dialog for the Artist Bio. I've always thought it would be nice to include what awards the artist had won (Grammy, Brits, gold and platinum discs etc). Maybe also how many number one singles they had achieved in your own country.
Unfortunately, this info does not appear to be collected anywhere, but always thought it's quite important and relevant info.
(2022-04-08, 11:13)Dumyat Wrote: Hi @docwra 
I have a button on my music OSD that opens a new dialog for the Artist Bio. I've always thought it would be nice to include what awards the artist had won (Grammy, Brits, gold and platinum discs etc). Maybe also how many number one singles they had achieved in your own country.
Unfortunately, this info does not appear to be collected anywhere, but always thought it's quite important and relevant info.

Agreed I will add to todo list on TheAudioDB. It shouldnt be too hard to impliment with some nice award png's Wink
Sounds great, I would like to see albumfanart instead of artistfanart where it is available, and if not available, show artists fanart.
Thanks
I did a lot of work in the v19 cycle on Estuary, a lot of which was on the Music section as I felt it was lacking compared to Confluence, so I sought to at least bring it up to parity with Confluence, so I've probably been the most activite person working on Estuary in recent times. However for the last year most of my time has been spent working on my own fork of Estuary which it turing into a rewrite in places.

If I have the time I can try taking a look at some this, but I'm still learning skinning and certainly not up the level of someone like ronie.
(2022-04-10, 13:20)jjd-uk Wrote: I did a lot of work in the v19 cycle on Estuary, a lot of which was on the Music section as I felt it was lacking compared to Confluence, so I sought to at least bring it up to parity with Confluence, so I've probably been the most activite person working on Estuary in recent times. However for the last year most of my time has been spent working on my own fork of Estuary which it turing into a rewrite in places.

If I have the time I can try taking a look at some this, but I'm still learning skinning and certainly not up the level of someone like ronie.
Yeh I'd love to learn as well, did my own fork a few years ago and it was great but I drifted back to stock Estuary after multiple upgrades Smile

I'm happy to put some work in, just wanted to get everyone on the same page. I understand that Estuary should stay simple and fast, but I don't see why these features cant be done in that style.

I also REALLY wish someone would comment Esturary to make it more understandable Smile
This might be redundant since you've mentioned "Song rating album view" above but maybe you could have a look at moving MyRating in Album View* to the right of the cell e.g.

* Music -> Genre -> Artist -> Album -> Info

Thanks in advance.
(2022-04-13, 11:38)dubwat Wrote: This might be redundant since you've mentioned "Song rating album view" above but maybe you could have a look at moving MyRating in Album View* to the right of the cell e.g.

* Music -> Genre -> Artist -> Album -> Info

Thanks in advance.
Yeh I've seen that but it doesnt really work for me, I meant on the list view like you see in intunes.

I have done all the code here but there were a few issues such as text overrun that I wasn't good enough to fix Smile

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/pull/245
From a quick 10 min play

When Label1 text is too long it scrolls.

For comparison this is the before

Amazing!! Let me know how you coded it as that has bugged me for years Smile

Can you maybe PR it if its working?
This is the code https://gist.github.com/jjd-uk/298cd75d0...5d412a9a02

Was only a very quick mod and test so it may not be perfect.

Would probably need a skin setting to show ratings in list to turn this on/off, as above code simply narrows the space for label1 so it doesn't overflow, however this would narrow spacve for label1 even if no ratings.
(2022-04-08, 10:16)docwra Wrote: - Show album back cover on Now playing screen

this dose not seem to work  MusicVisualisation.xml
xml:

<control type="image">
                <left>1220</left>
                <top>-140</top>
                <width>400</width>
                <height>400</height>
                <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture background="true" border="2" fallback="DefaultAudio.png">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                <bordertexture colordiffuse="border_alpha">colors/black.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>4</bordersize>
            </control>
cover works but $INFO[MusicPlayer.back] will not show

Try these

Player.Art(album.back)
and 
Player.Art(album.spine)
in MusicVisualisation.xml

More info here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336912
(2022-04-26, 17:11)the_other_guy Wrote: cover works but $INFO[MusicPlayer.back] will not show

Use $INFO[Player.Art(album.back)]

And just because I can Smile

$INFO[Player.Art(album.3dcase)]
$INFO[Player.Art(album.3dface)]
$INFO[Player.Art(album.discart)]
$INFO[Player.Art(album.spine)]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary (Default Skin) Music Improvements?0