How to name The Oscars for Kodi
Hi

To save place i had to delete my collection of Oscars, but now i want to build it again.
BUT as before i had problems to name the file and the folder for Kodi scraper to discover it.
I've tried every possible names i can come up with but it does not stick to Kodi.

PLEASE HELP! Smile
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
I set mine up as the series:

The Academy Awards

There is only season 1, as seen:

https://thetvdb.com/series/the-academy-a...official/1

And this works for me.
(2022-04-18, 22:46)kcook_shield Wrote: I set mine up as the series:

The Academy Awards

There is only season 1, as seen:

https://thetvdb.com/series/the-academy-a...official/1

And this works for me.

Thanks i tried renaming my file to The Academy Awards.S01E94.mkv and the folder to The Academy Awards/S01/ but it did not work.
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
which scraper are you using?
TVDB and TMDB treat the listings differently.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-04-19, 11:02)Karellen Wrote: which scraper are you using?
TVDB and TMDB treat the listings differently.

I had the TMDB but now i've changed and nope it doesn't scrape it even though i have the right name.
Now i got the E!'s Live countdown to the academy awards insted but it's empty.
Do yourself a favour and use either a smart playlist or node for the Oscars and just amalgamate the movies into your collection. The first message link contains a 2020 version of the Oscars which still works (or this one) ! I have yet to update a consolidated winners list, but will edit the links soon. I no longer use 'tags' for Oscars, but still remains a possible alternative.

Smart playlists (wiki)
Video nodes (wiki)

Pick a skin that allows for a home page links to nodes or smart playlists to make life even easier.
(2022-04-19, 19:04)PatK Wrote: Do yourself a favour and use either a smart playlist or node for the Oscars and just amalgamate the movies into your collection. The first message link contains a 2020 version of the Oscars which still works (or this one) ! I have yet to update a consolidated winners list, but will edit the links soon. I no longer use 'tags' for Oscars, but still remains a possible alternative.

Smart playlists (wiki)
Video nodes (wiki)

Pick a skin that allows for a home page links to nodes or smart playlists to make life even easier.

The first thing that i read is "A correctly scanned/scraped library is required for accurate results" and that i don't have. Smile

I have made it work before but i can't remember how. It must work without puting all this time to learn about playlist and change my skin that i like...

Thank for the tip though.
@ToddeSwe

You will need to provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping the tv show. We will then be able to see what is going on.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-04-19, 22:57)Karellen Wrote: @ToddeSwe

You will need to provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping the tv show. We will then be able to see what is going on.

Ok, here is the part of the log that handles the academy awards: https://pastebin.com/Ve8WcWkx

And you can see it tries to add "E!'s Live Countdown to the Academy Awards" and "The Emmy Awards" that is not even have an entry on my NAS.
I'm a bit scared to post logfiles like this because it shows the path to my system...
Hope you can see what is wrong.
@ToddeSwe

As I mentioned previously, TMDB and TVDB treat these two shows very, very, very differently.
You are using TMDB scraper trying to scrape the show that was set up for TVDB.

The Academy Awards/S01/The.Academy.Awards.S01E94.mkv (s1e94)
Show me episode 94 of season 1 at TMDB.

Next time, full log thanks.
My Signature
(2022-04-20, 12:22)Karellen Wrote: @ToddeSwe

As I mentioned previously, TMDB and TVDB treat these two shows very, very, very differently.

I do have the TVDB as a scraper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypcnrmaozkf3y1...r.jpg?dl=0

So it's just that i have gotten the episode wrong then?! Smile  Where can i find the right episode number?

God how embarrassing Smile

I don't pay for my pastebin account so i can't post full logfiles. I tried it once but got the notice that my free account doesn't support larger pastes. Sad
(2022-04-20, 12:22)Karellen Wrote: @ToddeSwe

I do have the TVDB as a scraper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypcnrmaozkf3y1...r.jpg?dl=0

So it's just that i have gotten the episode wrong then?! Smile  Where can i find the right episode number?

God how embarrassing Smile

I don't pay for my pastebin account so i can't post full logfiles. I tried it once but got the notice that my free account doesn't support larger pastes. Sad

I can't find the 2022 Academy Awards on TMDB at all. Sad

EDITED: NOW i see that i have the wrong scraper. Smile Updating my catalog with the right one now. Keep your fingers crossed. Smile
(2022-04-20, 12:49)ToddeSwe Wrote: I do have the TVDB as a scraper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypcnrmaozkf3y1...r.jpg?dl=0
That is TMDB- The Movie Database.
You want TVDB
But you already figured that out Smile

Just use our pastesite... Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
(2022-04-20, 13:00)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-20, 12:49)ToddeSwe Wrote: I do have the TVDB as a scraper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypcnrmaozkf3y1...r.jpg?dl=0
That is TMDB- The Movie Database.
You want TVDB
But you already figured that out Smile

Just use our pastesite... Kodi Paste Site

Oh i'm so glad it works now. Smile Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Smile

Didn't know you had one, i will use it next time. Thanks again.
@ToddeSwe

Also... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/27023-the-academy-awards

Great that it is working now.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to name The Oscars for Kodi0