HBO Max issues - Widevine again
Hello guys,

I just installed the LibreElec couple days ago and since then I am trying to start HBO Max addon works. But not luck.
As LE doesnt support apt, I am not sure how can I get the libwidevinecdm0 library to the Raspbery Pi where I have Kodi installed.

I managed to install the library on Raspbian:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt search widevine
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libwidevinecdm0/stable,now 4.10.2252.0-1 armhf [installed]
Widevine CDM
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

So I thought that just simple copy/paste process would work, but if it is, I dont know where should I copy and what.

Also when I checked the inputStream information, I've got this outcome: https://ibb.co/hY34Sb9
When I did a logs, I saw that inputstream adaptive gave me an Error: https://paste.kodi.tv/acufavufal

I generated the Widevine library with help of inputstream but it looks like it didnt help.

As I already lost four days on this, I am starting to think if this HBO Max is even possible to have working.
What's the point of any RPi or other IoT smart things if we are getting constantly clobbered by, updates, upgrades,
improvements, new versions, releases, which are never working, needs hundred of hours troubleshootings and after months of struggling,
we got another patch ?

Had anybody got this addon working ?
Is there some kind of magic guide which can help me to watch my HBO Max I am paying for ?

many thanks
Yes, blame it on Google, they control widevine and make it hard for Rpi and IOT by not releasing the binaries for these platforms

If you want to have troublefree experience for DRM content, stay away from open hardware and go for Google AndroidTV running device such as nVidia Shield TV or Amazon Firestick/Cube where the widevine library is part of the OS
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Ok, I managed to fix the issues, finally. I installed the Raspbian for Rpi4 (it must be 32bit arch of course, why progress ?) and then installed the inputstream and libwidevinecdm0. After that I installed the KODI on top of it.
Next I had to generate a new Widevine CDM under the Inputstream addon in kodi and after the restart, it started to work. 
So now I am hoping that it will work at least few days, before somebody realize that it would be best idea to release a new update, or patch which destroy everything.

Many thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max issues - Widevine again0