• 5(current)
Req Kodi on LG Web OS
Are there hopes to find soon Kodi on LG appstore? Unfortunately I have an unrootable TV based on WebOs 22 and I want really install Kodi on my Tv
You should not need to root your tv. Just get a developer account and set it up on your tv.  I don't have a link right now, but you should be able to find that.  The Device-dev mode manager makes it super easy to upload nightlies or your own compiled versions.
Hi
is it now available for B9 version ?
there was a version several weeks ago not so stable but usable but it was removed 
thanks
phil
I installed the latest nightly on LG G2 and I'm able to play even Dolby Vision and HDR. Also, the Seren addon works without any issues. Thanks a lot for the amazing work.  Blush

But the audio is out of sync for around a second from using the TV speaker. I've checked the Github repo and couldn't see any Github issue to address this. Is it only me having audio sync issue?
You can just use the nightly version. If it does not launch you might need to symlink libwayland-egl:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so.0 /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1

Edit: B9 is actually webOS 4.9.x which is not officially supported right now
(2023-07-22, 15:55)ulotrix Wrote: I installed the latest nightly on LG G2 and I'm able to play even Dolby Vision and HDR. Also, the Seren addon works without any issues. Thanks a lot for the amazing work.

Please do not use or even mention add-ons on this forum that are facilitating video piracy, unless you seek the undivided attention of the Kodi moderators.
It is against our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki).
(2023-07-22, 16:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2023-07-22, 15:55)ulotrix Wrote: I installed the latest nightly on LG G2 and I'm able to play even Dolby Vision and HDR. Also, the Seren addon works without any issues. Thanks a lot for the amazing work.

Please do not use or even mention add-ons on this forum that are facilitating video piracy, unless you seek the undivided attention of the Kodi moderators.
It is against our forum rules (wiki) and piracy policy (wiki).
Thanks for the heads-up. I tried to edit my message but no luck. I meant addons are working in my message. There were previous messages about addons not working properly.
Pure python addons should work. Binary addons do also work if you compile them yourself. Downloading binary addons does not work because the build infrastructure has not been set up yet
(2023-07-22, 16:32)ulotrix Wrote: I tried to edit my message but no luck.

This is because you are a newcomer to this forum, it is part of our anti-spam measures. These restrictions will vanish over time.
First Up, You guys are amazing. This is so awsome. Just wondering about compiling binary addons yourself, is this hard for the average joe? The is an addon im trying to get running which is bring up errors so wondering if it maybe falls under this catergory. The addon itself installs but errors at launch. Also a search through the internet bought up info about the same addon on kodi 21 alpha issues. My exeperience is a bit limited is there a nightly of kodi 20 for webOS so I could test if its kodi 21 or user error on my behalf. Thanks dude
Hi 
I understand that Kodiiis not officially supported on B9 TV. Nevertheless is there any new beta or even alpha versions non officially supported ?
thanks
phil
Is WebOS kind-a usual Linux platform, like Libreelec/Coreelec?
WebOS is the operating system on LG tv's.
(2023-07-23, 03:47)sharkynz007 Wrote: First Up, You guys are amazing. This is so awsome. Just wondering about compiling binary addons yourself, is this hard for the average joe? The is an addon im trying to get running which is bring up errors so wondering if it maybe falls under this catergory. The addon itself installs but errors at launch. Also a search through the internet bought up info about the same addon on kodi 21 alpha issues. My exeperience is a bit limited is there a nightly of kodi 20 for webOS so I could test if its kodi 21 or user error on my behalf. Thanks dude
It's not super complicated and the documentation has a compilatation guide. Support for webOS was only recently added beginning in version 21. There will not be backport of webOS support for 20.
(2023-07-23, 13:59)chercheursoft Wrote: I understand that Kodiiis not officially supported on B9 TV. Nevertheless is there any new beta or even alpha versions non officially supported ?
Not that I am aware of right now. I only own a webOS 7 device and as such cannot test/implement the needed changes for older webOS versions.
(2023-07-23, 17:37)elgatito Wrote: Is WebOS kind-a usual Linux platform, like Libreelec/Coreelec?
Yes, it is linux based
(2023-07-22, 03:12)iVolt1 Wrote: You should not need to root your tv. Just get a developer account and set it up on your tv.  I don't have a link right now, but you should be able to find that.  The Device-dev mode manager makes it super easy to upload nightlies or your own compiled versions.

Sorry, I'm new on WebOS, I've read on another website that after 50 hours developer mode is automatically disabled and all app installed as developer are automatically deleted. It's true?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on LG Web OS0