• 54(current)
Req Kodi on LG Web OS
(2024-03-19, 15:52)ribasmudj Wrote: Does it require any user-side tweaking or is the audio sync issue still at large?

audio sync issue is still there with some audio codecs
Hi,
First thank you so much for the hard work. It feels so good to finally be able to play DV MKV on my C2.

I'm encoding a DDP EC3 track instead of letting Kodi convert lossless audio to AC3. This way I can get 7.1 channels and higher bitrate but I noticed that the ffmpeg 1536kbps 5.1 EC3 tracks stutter in Kodi+ARC/AVR. The same file plays fine in PLEX+ARC/AVR(no transcoding).

here's a sample, the 1536kbps ffmpeg track is ID 6.

thank you
(2024-03-19, 18:18)Pienoet Wrote: audio sync issue is still there with some audio codecs

I tried playig videos with DTS files once again with the latest update and it seems the desync issue is largely gone from what I can tell, when using both audio passthroughs and AC3 transcode.

However, the problem is that playback becomes terrible with AC3 transcoding enabled. Every time I seek forward or back even by a few seconds, the video gets irrepairably broken and it starts freezing/buffering every few seconds, or through non stop stuttering.

This never happens with those same videos with AC3 transcoding off, but then audio desync is back 😭 Is there a reason why ac3 transcoding messes up playback and causes buffering when seeking forward/back?
@ribasmudj
Same behaviour with my LG C3.

It's been same for me since the Kodi was in Alpha stage
DTS still seems to have sync issues when skipping forward and backward a bunch. I was trying to de-sync it yesterday and it wasn't very hard to do. Audio sync still seems very unreliable sadly.
Does the Android TV version of the app have as good Dolby Vision compatibility with Kodi 21 as the WebOS app?

PC works great but it can't do DV, so I was thinking of getting a Chromecast 4k with Google TV just for Kodi if it doesn't have these sync issues, and if it does have the ability to play all the DV layers that the WebOS app can. I've seen reports of CCwGTV stuttering with high bitrate 4k files so not sure what's the best option to get DV without splurging $200 on the Shield.
(2024-03-20, 12:18)ribasmudj Wrote: Does the Android TV version of the app have as good Dolby Vision compatibility with Kodi 21 as the WebOS app?

PC works great but it can't do DV, so I was thinking of getting a Chromecast 4k with Google TV just for Kodi if it doesn't have these sync issues, and if it does have the ability to play all the DV layers that the WebOS app can. I've seen reports of CCwGTV stuttering with high bitrate 4k files so not sure what's the best option to get DV without splurging $200 on the Shield.

Out of topic, look and ask there: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376035.
Kodi on webOS is going to have a better picture quality.
Just read this thread regarding audio sync issues in Fire TV Cube, this might also help in someway to solve audio sync issues in WebOS app

@sundermann give it look
hello guys,
in my lg oled b2 i cant make dolby vision work, hdr works fine but dolby vision any profile, mp4 or mkv only black screen with sound, webos 7.
Hi everyone. Thanks to the developers for their hard work on all of this. My app is working very nicely, my only issue is that Dolby Vision is causing a green scrambled screen with interference whenever I play anything in the format. HDR10 is fine so I’ve turned off Dolby Vision for now. Native apps play Dolby Vision P5 fine. I’ve heard it’s due to video memory shortage on LG TVs but a hard restart didn’t fix it. Has anyone else with RC2 had the same experience? C2 btw.
Morning all,

Thanks to the devs for this.

One issue I'm having is the app changes the LG black level to auto and greyed out and i'm getting wrong video levels (black crush, white overshoot etc)...is this a known issue?

Ran all the usual clipping tests (spears et al).

EDIT - if it makes any difference, Im on the latest nightly.

Update - I wonder if it's the gamma settings (but also greyed out).
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
@toddlewis1990: It should work. Can you test a nightly which has some additional Dolby Vision fixes?
@oldpainless: That's interesting. We do not interact with the settings menu in any way. What webOS version is that happening on?
Hi,

It's 5.5.0-1107.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2023-07-28, 18:35)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-07-28, 17:27)matthew6870 Wrote:
(2023-07-28, 15:40)ulotrix Wrote: The test build seems to be old. Could you try one of the latest nightly builds? https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/webos/master/

Thank you but I got same issue.

Try running this command:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so.0 /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1

and then try to launch Kodi again and see if it works now.

I also face similar issue. But the code u provided does not work. 
I have run "ares-novacom -r <code U provided>" 

is there any solution to run kodi on my system?

firmware version : 06.10.35
webos version : 3.9.2
(2024-03-24, 21:54)Koustav001 Wrote:
(2023-07-28, 18:35)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-07-28, 17:27)matthew6870 Wrote: Thank you but I got same issue.

Try running this command:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so.0 /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1

and then try to launch Kodi again and see if it works now.

I also face similar issue. But the code u provided does not work. 
I have run "ares-novacom -r <code U provided>" 

is there any solution to run kodi on my system?

firmware version : 06.10.35
webos version : 3.9.2

Try this version instead for webOS 3.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on LG Web OS0