Organize movie and favorites into different folders according to actor
I hope I picked the right forum for this.  I have movies that I watch on the firestick that I'd like to categorize by who the main actor is in each of them; mostly because I can't remember.  I.E. Cool Hand Luke has Paul Newman; Longest Ride has Scott Eastwood.  I'd like to have folders for "Scott eastwood" movies and one for "Paul Newman movies" etc.  Is that possible?  I only watch these on the tv so I'm not using my computer.  When I've seen similar, but not the same, discussions on the web, they always refer to the computer.  

Thank you
Where are your movies currently stored and are they in your Kodi library?

If they are scraped correctly into your library you could possibly use Video Nodes to create custom folders by actor.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
If you open the Info window on a movie and click on an actor in the cast list it should bring up all other videos in your library that they appear in.  Might be a bit simpler than organizing things into folders.
(2022-06-06, 18:46)sputterbug10 Wrote: I hope I picked the right forum for this.  I have movies that I watch on the firestick that I'd like to categorize by who the main actor is in each of them; mostly because I can't remember.  I.E. Cool Hand Luke has Paul Newman; Longest Ride has Scott Eastwood.  I'd like to have folders for "Scott eastwood" movies and one for "Paul Newman movies" etc.  Is that possible? 

you can make playlists
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>john candy</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="actor" operator="contains">
<value>john candy</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
ImageImage
I have no clue on how to use the library.  I guess I'll figure that out first and then try your suggestion.  Thank you so much
(2022-06-27, 06:02)sputterbug10 Wrote: I have no clue on how to use the library.
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organize movie and favorites into different folders according to actor0