Channel manager does not keep order
I have two PVR clients, HTS and IPTV Simple.
I go to Channel manager, I select one of the channels and press Move and reorder it. Save and it looks fine in the list.
I reboot kodi and said channel is not where it should be anymore.

I don't really understand how this is supposed to work - can someone explain?
I can try.
Channel order can be set locally, but I would avoid it if you can.
The order is primarily determined by the backend(s) and depending on the pvr&livetv settings it could be influenced by these as well.
For instance, if you change the order at cliënt level and choose to have channel order synced from the backend, that will overwrite any change you made there. Than there is the order in which the add-ons are prioritized/started that might interfere with your preferences.

So what I do (i use 3 pvr backends) is set the order at the backends. Dunno if that's an option in your case, but it's how I do it.
If that's not an option, try with these local settings:
- use channel order from backend: disable
- allow channel number with more than one pvr: enabled.
Hi, thanks for the message.
I already have channel order from backends disabled and now I've enabled channel number with more than one pvr. I've tested again and after restart it removed my channel order.
I have control over one PVR to set the channel order there, but I don't have over the other because it parses an m3u list generated by another plugin (no piracy involved here fyi). It would mean to process that m3u locally with some sed/awk magic

The thing is I want to combine channels from both pvrs, so:
1. pvr1 channel
2. pvr2 channel
3. pvr1 channel
etc
so in this case the backend priority doesn't help either because it just moves the entire list.
What I don't understand is why the custom order is removed after a restart... is it a bug or is it intended?
Bummer. Channel order setting was the one I had the most hope for.
Like i said, i don't usually touch local settings and set all at the backends, so no idea why settings would be overruled/deleted on boot.

When I have some time i can try and see if I can reproduce. Do other settings stick?
Could you try a recent Nexus nightly build? Related fixes went in for Nexus. So there is hope things are working better/properly with Nexus.
I have a similar issue with the channel manager.
Any changes I make in Channel manager does not survive a reboot.

I have two content sources.  I have MythTV PVR and I have SlingTV addon.  There are a lot of channels on the MythTV side that I either don't actually get (I'm too far away I guess) or I don't want (foreign languages etc) that I have to use the channel manager to remove from my EPG.  The channel manager remembers the changes made for channels from SlingTV but not for MythTV.  Another interesting fact is that after a reboot, I don't see any of the SlingTV channels in the EPG at all, until I disable and reenable the MythTV addon. I've switched addon priorities and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've done tests where I change only one setting at a time trying to figure out what does what and either I'm missing a piece or "you can't get there from here" or something.  Anyone else running this combination that is working correctly?  After every reboot I have to launch the channel manager and remove the same channels over and over.
Quote:I have a similar issue with the channel manager.
Any changes I make in Channel manager does not survive a reboot.

I have two content sources.  I have MythTV PVR and I have SlingTV addon.  There are a lot of channels on the MythTV side that I either don't actually get (I'm too far away I guess) or I don't want (foreign languages etc) that I have to use the channel manager to remove from my EPG.  The channel manager remembers the changes made for channels from SlingTV but not for MythTV.  Another interesting fact is that after a reboot, I don't see any of the SlingTV channels in the EPG at all, until I disable and reenable the MythTV addon. I've switched addon priorities and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've done tests where I change only one setting at a time trying to figure out what does what and either I'm missing a piece or "you can't get there from here" or something.  Anyone else running this combination that is working correctly?  After every reboot I have to launch the channel manager and remove the same channels over and over.

I've returned from holidays so am revisiting this.
I have the same issue with changes not surviving after reboots.
I believe the channel manager has been broken for a long time now, because I remember I had the same trouble setting it up one or two major releases back. Either broken or somebody had a funny sense of how this should be working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel manager does not keep order0