naming convention for multi-disc albums + their discart?
Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before, but i've browsed thru the forum and couldn't find an answer.

Skin used: 
Aeon Nox Silvo, because it supports clearlogo.png for artists and discart.png for albums

This works fine for albums containing one CD:

But for multi-disc releases, i don't know the best way to name folders/files.

Currently i have them in separate folders, e.g.
Music\Various Artists\Soundtracks\1999 - Best of Bond... James Bond_ 50 Years - 50 Tracks
contains the subfolders
Disc 01 ► contains audio files as well as discart1.png
Disc 02 ► contains audio files as well as discart2.png

Issue:
When scraping, KODI will download a discart.png and place it in the album's root folder.
This discart.png will then be picked up by the skin instead of e.g. discart1.png in the Disc 01 subfolder.

Question:
How can i prevent this?
Is it a setting within KODI or do i have to change the way i name folders/files for multi-disc releases?

Thx in advance for any pointers in the right direction.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
The answers you're looking for can probably be found somewhere in that thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349695
That's a good candidate for a sticky, too.
I've been meaning to test this, but my back went out and I was flat for 3 days.

But for a 2-disk set it gets treated as an "album" with UI display setting options of a single track listing or listing by disk.  But for what you want I think you need to designate a boxset via tags for the disc subtitles or mb releasetype of boxset.  I'm not positive about that and that's why I want to test to prove to myself how it works with the discart.

scott s.
*push

is no one else having this issue or are people simply not using Kodi extensively for music playback?
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2022-08-28, 11:24)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: *push

is no one else having this issue or are people simply not using Kodi extensively for music playback?
I use Kodi pretty extensively for music, but never bothered with boxsets since it's a relatively recent addition.  Just for the heck of it, I went and played with it a bit with a two-disc set.  I followed the instructions in the post linked upthread.  
1. Set 'discsubtitle' tag to the title of each disc
2. Set 'musicbrainzalbumreleasetype' tag to contain "boxset"
3. Added disc art work for each disc, titled as discart1.png and discart2.png

I believe Steps 1 and 2 don't both need to be done, but I was playing with getting it working and ended up doing both for some reason.  After that (and switch to a more recent skin than I had previously been using), the album showed up properly with the correct disc art being displayed depending on which track was playing.  The skin I ended up using was Estuary MODv2 in Matrix.

My music library is organized Music\<Artist>\<Album>   I have all discs of each album in a single folder.
My music folder work very well for multidiscs album. I have a 3 disc live show from Iced Earth, and is under this structure:

Iced Earth <--- Main Artist Folder
  |___> Somenthing Wicked This Way Comes <-- Single Disc Album
  |             |___> album.jpg, discart.png
  |             |___> Track 01
  |             |___> Track 02
  |             |___> etc..
  |___> Alive In Athens <-- 3 Disc Album
  |             |___> Disc 01
  |                   |___> album.jpg, discart.png
  |                   |___> Track 01
  |                   |___> Track 02
  |                   |___> Track 03
  |                   |___> etc
  |             |___> Disc 02
  |             |___> Disc 03

And each track has the tag relative a disc01, disc 02 etc.
(2022-09-01, 22:15)sagrath Wrote: My music folder work very well for multidiscs album. I have a 3 disc live show from Iced Earth, and is under this structure:

Same.
best ( if not only )way of structure to let kodi scrape/identfify ( multidisc ) related artwork.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
naming convention for multi-disc albums + their discart?0