Linux Freezing video and audio
Running Kodi on a Linux Mint PC with a Radeon HD 6450 graphics card connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RXV479 amp and then a Samsung Full HD TV.

I run Kodi as the default desktop environment i.e. it boots straight to Kodi rather than cinnamon/mate etc.

Unpredictably, when playing a local video, Kodi will freeze up - no video, no audio. Doesn't respond to remote control inputs, keyboard inputs etc. Only SSH works. Sometimes it plays fine, often times it freezes a few minutes into the video.

The only method of recovery is rebooting.

I decided to do a clean install with Libreelec but sadly the freezing video problem remains.

I've taken a debug log when running as libreelec http://ix.io/418c
I let the video run well past the it's actual runtime just in case the video came back to life, but it didn't.

Can anyone help?
Tentatively I think I fixed it by changing 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' from 'Off' to 'On start/stop'.
At least I haven't had the freezing issue for around 2 weeks now and I've done testing pretty much every day.
(2022-06-29, 13:30)benjaminlevine Wrote: Running Kodi on a Linux Mint PC with a Radeon HD 6450 graphics card connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RXV479 amp and then a Samsung Full HD TV.
I happen to have a reserve PC with a HD6450 gfx card, running Ubuntu 22.04. I haven't noticed any freezing as of yet. Perhaps your AVR is triggering some hiccups?

(2022-07-19, 10:54)benjaminlevine Wrote: Tentatively I think I fixed it by changing 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' from 'Off' to 'On start/stop'.
That will be the preferred setting anyway on a TV display, support 23/24fps video. On PC monitors it's best to keep that setting disabled.

(2022-06-29, 13:30)benjaminlevine Wrote: The only method of recovery is rebooting.
I use an alias in Linux to trigger the killing of the Kodi process: killall -14 kodi.bin, that usually helps out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing video and audio0