Solved kodi just wrong - re-install
My kodi is not working right.  It will, for instance, freeze my machine with some regularity.  I also did something clever when I added moves and tv.  I now have, in videos/file three 'movies' and 3 'tv shows' which makes no sense as they are all in a single place and each of these titles are holding the same videos.  Between that mess and the freezing my suspicion is that I have done something really bad and its time to start over.

Before I do that, though, I thought I would also ask if anybody might know why it would act like this.  I am doing this because I had a problem booting a couple of days ago and had to use fsck to fix a lot of things that were screwed up on my main drive.

Thank you............
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
(2022-07-08, 21:56)jwhitt12 Wrote: ask if anybody might know why it would act like this
No idea. We have no idea what changes you made.
Best to wipe it and start fresh rather than spending uncountable hours trying to figure out what went wrong.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-07-08, 21:56)jwhitt12 Wrote: It will, for intance, freeze my machine with some regularity. 

Rename your ~/.kodi profile folder to something temporary, and restart Kodi for a fresh start.

If the freezes still happen with a clean Kodi setup, then your system drive may have problems (check for SMARTDRV errors), and also test your DIMM memory modules for errors with a memory tester application.
Thank you for the reply!

Excellent!  I will remove kodi and reinstall!  Hopefully I'll do a better job.
I'd also recommend getting it up and running in a standard resolution with minimal plugins first, then pile stuff on later when it's proven working.
I had other problems with the other machine so I have transferred everything to this one.  Everything fine so far.  I have not installed any addons but will, probably.  Thank you for all the help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi just wrong - re-install0