Video Files not all adding
Video 
Hi, I have the latest version of Kodi (19.4.0) and have added in Music Videos/Movies/TV Shows (All stored on the same drive but in separate folders by content) and im having issues with all 3 not adding everything in. For example I have 804 Music Videos, however in Kodi it only shows 433. The drive in question has full permissions for windows. I have tried to find an answer to this issue but haven't managed to so im sorry if this issue has already been raised and answered. Im not sure what other information to provide so please tell me what is needed and ill do my best to provide it, many thanks.
Is it only music videos that is the problem?

Provide a Debug Log that captures you running an Update Library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes it appears to be just the Music Videos not adding correctly. Heres the log https://paste.kodi.tv/nipahojoke.kodi

Thanks for your help
A couple of problems that I can see...

1. Some videos are incorrectly named.
For example you have... Jonas Blue - Mama ft. William Singe.mp4
The scraper is searching for... https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/1...96473706d/searchtrack.php?s=Jonas%20Blue&t=Mama%20ft.%20William%20Singe
So the actual title of the song is combined with the featured artist.
Rename your file to Jonas Blue - Mama.mp4
This seems to affect about half your videos.

2. Then you have other titles that are either badly named or don't exist at the scraper site. eg...
A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something.mp4
I can't find a listing for this track... https://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/111364?all=1&f=

3. Then there are other tracks that have extra info in the title like (Lyrics) or (Boy With Luv) (feat. Halsey) and a few others. They need to be removed.

As for your movies, you have quite a few movies that do not scrape. For example...
E:\Media\Movies\Bad Boys\(2020) Bad Boys For Life.mp4
You have added the year at the start. That is a big no-no. Year needs to go at the end.
Two options to fix...
1. Move the year to the end, or
2. As you have all your movie files in movie folders, enable the setting Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title as shown in the image for Step 3... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers...eo_Scraper
This will then use the folder name for the search string, instead of the file name.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok thats dramatically improved things, we're now upto 633 odd files added. Next question is there a way to easily get a list of the files that HAVENT scraped so i can search them all individually to check the naming etc via audioDB? I guess the same would be true of asking about the movies etc?

Thanks again for your help, im very new to Kodi
(2022-08-01, 00:11)tim_p_green Wrote: Next question is there a way to easily get a list of the files that HAVENT scraped
You can use the Event Log... https://kodi.wiki/view/Event_Log
Run the Update Library again, then check the event log for failed items.

Otherwise check the Debug Log and search for... information found for item and it will highlight the scraping status.
My Signature
Also just curious is there an easy way to put music videos on shuffle and they just keep playing? I’ve found party mode but that only seems to play a certain number of songs before going back to the menu?
(2022-08-01, 01:02)tim_p_green Wrote: Also just curious is there an easy way to put music videos on shuffle and they just keep playing? I’ve found party mode but that only seems to play a certain number of songs before going back to the menu?
Party Mode should continuously play, pretty much for eternity.
If it is skipping back to the menu, it usually means the song was unplayable?
A Debug Log that captures that should reveal why.

Also I edited my previous post.
My Signature
Party mode works for musicvideos and "mixed" smart playlists.  The default party mode playlist is all musicvideos (in the library).  But you can create other smart playlists with various filters and then select play in party mode form the playlist context menu.

Party mode populates the now-playing video playlist with up to 10 random items from the smart playlist.  It could be based on filter that less than 10 items are in the playlist (filter is dynamic).   For example I have playlist filter of "genre is" and "playcount < 1".  So over time the playlist empties out.

Also, from a user request I updated an informal filename scraper to matrix and added musicvideo capability.  Others had done similar but you have to hunt down in searching.  I thought it easier to find as a github release here: https://github.com/scott967/kodi-filenam...2Bmatrix.1

scott s.
(2022-08-01, 01:52)scott967 Wrote: I updated an informal filename scraper to matrix and added musicvideo capability.  Others had done similar but you have to hunt down in searching.  I thought it easier to find as a github release here: https://github.com/scott967/kodi-filenam...2Bmatrix.1
Thanks @scott967 I didn't know about this scraper.
Do you want to start a new thread for it? Maybe also submit to repo?
My Signature
This is the thread:  348686 (thread)
The thread has some various mods in posts and what I did was fork the original and create a branch where I consolidated and did some refactor of the code. So I could create a github release and users don't have to dig through the thread. I PRed my commits to the author, @chaosgrid .

scott s.
(2022-08-02, 02:35)scott967 Wrote: This is the thread:  348686 (thread)
The thread has some various mods in posts and what I did was fork the original and create a branch where I consolidated and did some refactor of the code. So I could create a github release and users don't have to dig through the thread. I PRed my commits to the author, @chaosgrid .
Thanks.
Yes, probably worthwhile creating the release. Also posting in that thread, or a new thread would be great as there is no sign that your updated addon is even available.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Files not all adding0