Feature Request: Sort titles for Movie Sets (not contents)
Any chance of getting sorttitle support for movies sets themselves, rather than their contents?  I construct my library by exporting from a DVD database to .nfo files, and some of the sets in this database have titles like "Foo: The Complete Third Season" and "Foo: The Complete Fourth Season", which obviously sort incorrectly when the sets are displayed in Kodi.  I can modify the titles to "Foo: Season 3" and "Foo: Season 4", but I'd like to maintain the original text.  I've tried setting <sorttitle> in the <set> tag in the .nfo files but that obviously does not work.  I also tried playing around with the MSIF but that either doesn't support .nfo files or I'm naming them incorrectly.
(2022-08-13, 20:59)smeehrrr Wrote: Foo: The Complete Third Season" and "Foo: The Complete Fourth Season
They sound like TV Shows. Why do you want them as movie sets?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm also modeling multi-disc DVD or blu-ray movies as sets and they have the same issue.  For example, ordering the Matrix movies. (Although to be fair most of the things that have sort titles are in fact TV shows).
(2022-08-13, 23:10)smeehrrr Wrote: For example, ordering the Matrix movies
See the "Sort Title" section here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets

When you view the listing inside the movie set, make sure you are sorted by Title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I understand how sorting works inside of the box sets, I've got that all taken care of. I'm talking about the ordering of the box sets themselves in the outer list.  In this example, "The Matrix Resurrections" is two discs, so it's set up as a box set (which Disc 1 and Disc 2 inside, sorted properly), which means that it sorts before "The Matrix Revolutions" in the main list. I'd like to be able to set a sort title for the set itself, not for the contents of the set.
If this makes it more clear, I'm looking for the equivalent of this:

xml:

<movie>
  <title>The Matrix Resurrections Disc 1</title>
  <set>
    <name>The Matrix Resurrections</name>
    <sorttitle>The Matrix 4</sorttitle>
  </set>
</movie>
(2022-08-14, 00:39)smeehrrr Wrote: In this example, "The Matrix Resurrections" is two discs, so it's set up as a box set (which Disc 1 and Disc 2 inside, sorted properly),
Ok, you are using Movie Sets a bit differently.
I understand the reason for your feature request, but I highly doubt a developer will be interested in the change.

So that means your multiple disks are shown in the library listing. I assume you are happy with that. So are your movies called The Matrix Resurrections Disk 1 and The Matrix Resurrections Disk 2?
Why not edit the sort title for all your movies like this...

TitleSort Title
<title>The Matrix Disk 1</title><sorttitle>Matrix 01</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Disk 2</title><sorttitle>Matrix 02</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Reloaded Disk 1</title><sorttitle>Matrix 03</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Reloaded Disk 2</title><sorttitle>Matrix 04</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Revolutions Disk 1</title><sorttitle>Matrix 05</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Revolutions Disk 2</title><sorttitle>Matrix 06</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Resurrection Disk 1</title><sorttitle>Matrix 07</sorttitle>
<title>The Matrix Resurrection Disk 2</title><sorttitle>Matrix 08</sorttitle>
Then place this into one set, instead of 4 different sets?

Some other suggestions...
1. Use the Extras addon and save the Special Features disk in the Extras folder instead... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

2. Use Movie Universe... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: Sort titles for Movie Sets (not contents)0