These three specific -poster.jpg files makes Kodi crash on Nvidia Shield
Kodi kept crashing when browsing my movie library on the Nvidia Shield, and I finally narrowed it down to 3 specific -poster.jpg files.

At first I thought the bug might be caused by the fact that these images have "irregular" resolutions (not 720x1080) however I have a library of approximately 3000 films all of which have local -poster.jpg files, and the majority of them are at some weird resolution. Yet, these 3 images are the only ones causing Kodi to crash.

So I'm wondering if there might be something with the metadata of these .jpgs...? Or if they are perhaps corrupted in some way, and that is why they're causing Kodi to crash?

The problem was easy enough to fix, simply by removing these 3 images. However, it would be great if someone could see if they could replicate the crash by using these three images, as that might help get to the bottom of why so many are having similar problems.

I put the .jpg files in my Dropbox, to make sure they wouldn't be altered on some hosting site:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jmrgu0qclac8o...jLoda?dl=0

PS: I also have a Windows machine where I use the same .jpg files, but they do not make Kodi crash on there.

Pps: I get the same error on kodi 18, 19 and 20.
two of them have non mod 2 dimensions. Please post the  Debug Log / adb logcat of the crash with kodi Nexus nightly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
These three specific -poster.jpg files makes Kodi crash on Nvidia Shield0