AuraMod Videos in Video Addon Show as Folder
I've explained the issue here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MattHuisman/com.../-/inb5ak3 Which is the sub-reddit for the addons (they're legit freeview/subscription add-ons, not illegal content), but I've just discovered with Estuary the error isn't reproduced - meaning it's probably a skin thing or at the least a skin + add-on combination thing.

Basically with addons such as 9now, 7plus etc from that other sub, when I get to a list of episodes to play Auramod seems to think they're folders not videos - so clicking has no action.

I can context then select play, and it works fine.

I've tried changing the default select action to play, information etc, it makes no difference - as no action is performed unless I do the context > action.

I went through Auramod settings but can't find what setting would be causing this. Any ideas?
Just in case the Reddit post/sub/account gets deleted:
Quote:I've noticed that with the Australian Freeview apps (not tested others) Kodi thinks episodes are tvshows. This means if I save the view for episodes within the addons and lock it, it changes my view for tvshows instead of episodes.
I think it's also causing a strange behaviour where Kodi requires me to Context > Play to get the episode to play. I've checked if this has to do with the default action in media settings, but no default action works. Again I believe this is because Kodi thinks it's a tvshow rather than an episode (i.e. The Simpsons, rather than the Simpsons S01E12 etc)
It only seems to happen with slyguy freeview apps
Edit: I just found the setting in slyguy common that lets me select to view all as videos, and this changes all layers of menus to be videos (rather than TVshow or episodes), but episodes still appear as folders to open (so clicking goes nowhere) instead of videos to play
Edit 2: just tried estuary skin instead of auramod, and they're recognised as videos. Very strange that it seems to be a skin issue, since it's only these addons playing up. Other video addons working fine

This sounds like a "bug", idk if it's skinside or addon. Does it also act this way on other skin?

Could you post this issue in:
https://github.com/SerpentDrago/skin.auramod/issues

Please try to post with logs and pictures, so we can get a better understanding of what's going on.

You can post them here too, if you'd like.
It just helps when all issues are in one spot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AuraMod Videos in Video Addon Show as Folder0