Alpha Flow...... A radically different Kodi skin
Lightbulb 

First thing's first if you answer yes to any of the following questions then Flow isn't the skin for you and you should leave as fast as you can Big Grin

• Do you use add-ons like Netflix, Amazon or Youtube?
  • Do you want a skin that plasters the screen with every bit of information possible?
  • Do you completely hate list views?

Welcome to Flow a radically different Kodi skin. Flow doesn't use Kodi's library views and instead presents your entire media collection on the home screen as a series of lists.

What this means is that Flow is geared towards local library content and not add-on provided content, while a lot of add-ons will work such as lists from themoviedb helper, any add-on that requires a 'Next Page' will not work. 

Basically if you require a skin to use with Netflix, Amazon, Youtube or any other streaming service or you just don't like lists in general then this isn't the skin you. However if you want a super fast minimalistic skin that just let's you get on with consuming your media then continue on.....

Flow only requires one add-on, skin shortcuts, for configuring it's hub menus. However Embuary Helper while not required will be used to provide rotating backgrounds.

Flow is currently in Alpha:-
  • Movie section - Working
  • TV Show section - Working
  • Music section - Not working / InProgress
  • Video - Working
  • Pictures - Not working / InProgress
  • Favourites - Working
  • Settings - Working
There's a lot still missing most notable playback controls and seek bar. 

Download:-
v0.0.2-alpha https://github.com/roidy/skin.flow/relea...n.flow.zip

Instructions for setting up hub menus, pressing left from the main menu on each item, eg Movies, TV Shows will enter the hub setup page.
From the hub setup page you can add, remove and set hub items and set the list type and sort methods for each list level.
This method of setting up the hubs is temporary and will change in the future as at the moment I find that if you navigate to far left you can accidently open the hub setup.
Another beautiful skin. Really great looking
v0.0.1-alpha is now live
Wow -- simple and awesome -- Wow ..
I installed your skin and it's really amazing. Different, fast and very nice.

Question: Can you make the text more readable? As you can see it's difficult to read (depending on the background)
​​​​​​

​​​Image[/url]

And another question: 
Closing Kodi doesn't work with your skin. With the "S" I select the shutdown menu but it's not possible to select an item.

Thank you
Nexus?Matrix?
(2022-09-19, 18:12)Aaiemron Wrote: Question: Can you make the text more readable? As you can see it's difficult to read (depending on the background)​

I may tweak it a bit but the whole point is the next list to the right is faded until you scroll over to it.
Quote:Closing Kodi doesn't work with your skin. With the "S" I select the shutdown menu but it's not possible to select an item.

Skin is Alpha, as stated in the first post there is still a lot missing and the shutdown menu is one of those things. It's one of the next things on my todo list to be added along with the the entire player/seek bar controls and the context menu.
(2022-09-19, 19:04)hostile17 Wrote: Nexus?Matrix?

Matrix at the moment, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with Nexus.

Here's a Nexus version, I can't test at the moment as I don't have a Nexus install. Let me know if it works for you, if you need a Nexus version that is.

https://github.com/roidy/skin.flow/relea...-nexus.zip
(2022-09-19, 19:15)roidy Wrote: Skin is Alpha, as stated in the first post there is still a lot missing and the shutdown menu is one of those things. It's one of the next things on my todo list to be added along with the the entire player/seek bar controls and the context menu.

I understand that. It was only meant to help point out any bugs.
And again, I am very surprised by this skin. Very nice

Btw: I can confirm the skin works on Nexus. I installed your first zip file.
(2022-09-19, 19:21)roidy Wrote:
(2022-09-19, 19:04)hostile17 Wrote: Nexus?Matrix?

Matrix at the moment, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with Nexus.

Here's a Nexus version, I can't test at the moment as I don't have a Nexus install. Let me know if it works for you, if you need a Nexus version that is.

https://github.com/roidy/skin.flow/relea...-nexus.zip
Thank you.
(2022-09-19, 19:27)Aaiemron Wrote: And again, I am very surprised by this skin. Very nice

Thanks, I haven't decided weather to add the shutdown menu to the main menu or add it into the settings menu, I kind of want to keep the main menu as small as possible and I know I need to add at least one more item, the Search menu entry. What do you think? 
Quote:Btw: I can confirm the skin works on Nexus. I installed your first zip file.

Excellent, thanks for taking the time to test it Smile
(2022-09-19, 19:39)roidy Wrote: Thanks, I haven't decided weather to add the shutdown menu to the main menu or add it into the

Well, if I were you, then I wouldn't add it to the main menu. But indeed into the settings menu item. If settings selected go the left and make there a shutdown option?
Another small thing I noticed:
When pressing pause you get those letters on top as you can see in the picture:  kjeQgH JGfon
​​​​​​Image
(2022-09-19, 19:45)Aaiemron Wrote: Well, if I were you, then I wouldn't add it to the main menu. But indeed into the settings menu item. If settings selected go the left and make there a shutdown option?

I was thinking of putting it into the right hand menu of 'Settings' above 'Interface' and 'Player'
Quote:Another small thing I noticed: When pressing pause you get those letters on top as you can see in the picture: kjeQgH JGfon

Thanks. It's because the current player controls are from one of my other older skins and don't have the correct fonts installed to display properly, I thought I had removed them completely but must of forgot Sad

Next update will be Shutdown menu, Player Controls/Seekbar and the Context Menu.

Have you tried adding your own items to the hub menus and played around with the different list options? There's a One Line list, a Two Line List and an Info Line List.
(2022-09-19, 20:16)roidy Wrote: I was thinking of putting it into the right hand menu of 'Settings' above 'Interface' and 'Player'

Perfect idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flow...... A radically different Kodi skin0