• 9(current)
WIP ITVhub
(2023-01-18, 17:19)kereltje Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 17:19)kereltje Wrote: Please don't use the zips from tests for normal use. The add-ons in tests are exactly that: tests and could do anything from running quite nicely to completely wreck your system, and may even be designed to do so.
The tests web directory is only for my own convenience to distribute a test to various devices. Only run a specific test addon when you are asked participate in a test.

The incremental numbering of tests is only to distinguish one from the other, it has nothing to do with progress on the development of the add-on. Tests are NOT nightly builds. If you want to follow development in detail you better watch/clone the github repo.
Sorry I don't understand. As I said previously 6.0 didn't work at all for me in Kodi 20 that's why I used what was recommended by OTinley and that worked. The issue appears to relate to inputstream.adaptive in Kodi 20. Are you saying 6.0 should work in Kodi 20?

(2023-01-18, 18:49)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 17:19)kereltje Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 17:19)kereltje Wrote: Please don't use the zips from tests for normal use. The add-ons in tests are exactly that: tests and could do anything from running quite nicely to completely wreck your system, and may even be designed to do so.
The tests web directory is only for my own convenience to distribute a test to various devices. Only run a specific test addon when you are asked participate in a test.

The incremental numbering of tests is only to distinguish one from the other, it has nothing to do with progress on the development of the add-on. Tests are NOT nightly builds. If you want to follow development in detail you better watch/clone the github repo.
Sorry I don't understand. As I said previously 6.0 didn't work at all for me in Kodi 20 that's why I used what was recommended by OTinley and that worked. The issue appears to relate to inputstream.adaptive in Kodi 20. Are you saying 6.0 should work in Kodi 20?

ITV Hub 0.6.0 does not work with Kodi 20.

@kereltje is working on a fix for this and asked myself and @otinley to run some tests to assist with the development of the fix.

The results of these tests so far are positive, but a new alpha release working on Kodi 20 is not yet available. As @kereltje stated the test versions referred to are just that; to test the fix to the specific bug that @kereltje has identified. Other functionality may not work.

@kereltje - I trust I've summarised the current status correctly.
Quote: I trust I've summarised the current status correctly.
Yes, pretty much, thanks.
BTW, IA has also already been fixed.
Quote:could do anything from running quite nicely to completely wreck your system, and may even be designed to do so.

@kereltje
You provided us with tests that could wreck our system or may be designed to do so?
Why would you do such a thing? Why weren't we made aware?
Had I known, I sure would not have tested it.

The above three lines are of course sarcastic and are meant as a joke.
I understand where you are coming from and your advice is a wise one.
Quote:Are you saying 6.0 should work in Kodi 20?
No, I'm in very strongly advising not to install add-ons from tests, although I'm sure a recommendation by @otinley can be taken seriously.
(2023-01-18, 20:12)kereltje Wrote: although I'm sure a recommendation by @otinley can be taken seriously.

Good heavens! I suspect many people would tend to argue about that. Smile
Quote:You provided us with tests that could wreck our system or may be designed to do so?
@otinley No, that just the whole point. I have once provided a test that happened to be available in an web directory 'tests' and that test was absolutely save. But that doesn't mean that anything that will every be in that directory is 'provided to you'. And realising from the previous posts that some people like yourself seem to regard the tests directory as some kind of pre-release channel, I though it I should explain it's intended use.

Obviously sarcasm is lost on me, probably requires too much social skills for a developer ;-)
(2023-01-18, 20:12)kereltje Wrote:
Quote:Are you saying 6.0 should work in Kodi 20?
No, I'm in very strongly advising not to install add-ons from tests, although I'm sure a recommendation by @otinley can be taken seriously.
I do not use the add-on I am just following it's progress. As I've said previously I currently use STV from Catch-up TV and More because their STV content is full HD but doesn't have the full ITV content.  

I use Kodi as a main source of my TV and my device is connected to a 70 inch TV so watching in SD is not really feasible for me.  I only asked a question because when upgrading to Kodi 20 I got an error message about inputstream.adaptive and remembered reading something about that in this thread so assumed it related to your add-on.  

I will only use this add-on when there is a proper release from you that works in 20 and gives catch-up in HD and from what I've seen from the test zip that appears to be close.  But @otinley said have you tried so I tried and reported back. I was only trying to be helpful. 

Please don't take this the wrong way but in my opinion you need a repository then everyone knows where you are. Not everyone reads every single comment and not everyone is aware what are tests. Anyone jumping into this thread wouldn't even know where your official releases are. Catch-up TV and More has two repositories, in addition to the main Kodi repository. One of their repositories is beta releases which I find very useful because you can raise an issue, test, and use immediately. Just my opinion.
Quote:I was only trying to be helpful. 

that is appreciated
@chrissxuk
Please do not feel like you have to apologize.
I thought that you would make a good tester, so I provided you the link.
Having been in IT for over 30 years in the US, I thought that a larger pool of testers was always better.
I think I will not interfere with the posts/tests here unless moderation is called for.

@kereltje
The excuse of being a developer does not jibe with me.
Many of the developers I know have wonderful people skills.
I got bumped up to Kodi 2.0 yesterday without being asked, after which nothing worked.  I uninstalled and re-installed Kodi and then found courtesy of Mr Google that the upgrade played SBs with the permissions.  Incidently, your links no longer work, but you can still find itv 0.6 by shortening the address.  Other people have stated it does not load.  So it appears, until after a while you suddenly see movement.  This I think is Kodi 2.0 which I am beginning to think is crap.  I logged into my itv account but when I try and play something I get "Connection Error: Forbidden".

Best of luck in your endeavours.  I look forward to getting ITV back.
(2023-01-21, 13:48)naszdom Wrote: This I think is Kodi 2.0 which I am beginning to think is crap.  I logged into my itv account but when I try and play something I get "Connection Error: Forbidden".

Kodi 20 isn't crap. It's up to the add-ons to work in Kodi not the other way round.

Forbidden content is possibly because it's premium content for which you need a paid premium account.
(2023-01-21, 13:48)naszdom Wrote: I got bumped up to Kodi 2.0 yesterday without being asked, after which nothing worked.  I uninstalled and re-installed Kodi and then found courtesy of Mr Google that the upgrade played SBs with the permissions.  Incidently, your links no longer work, but you can still find itv 0.6 by shortening the address.  Other people have stated it does not load.  So it appears, until after a while you suddenly see movement.  This I think is Kodi 2.0 which I am beginning to think is crap.  I logged into my itv account but when I try and play something I get "Connection Error: Forbidden".

@naszdom
Nobody gets 'bumped' without having their device to update automatically.
BTW, it's Kodi version 20 not 2.0.
And I would ask you to respect the work that developers do on their free time voluntarily for you to enjoy.
ITV works fine on my system on Kodi 20 & 21.
Quote:Incidently, your links no longer work
@naszdom 
If you mean the link to tests; that is offline now. I realised it was foolishly naive (or the other way around) to kind of expect that the contents of a web directory once mentioned on the forum would not get inspected by others, and that posting a warning would make much difference. Personal tests should never have been accessible to others and from now on they aren't.
Any other links should work. If it doesn't, please let me know which link found where doesn't work so it can be fixed.

Personally, I have in principle no problem with people speaking their mind, but just doing that doesn't change anything. If you experience problems with Kodi, file a bug or post a good detailed report on the forum, including debug log. That takes very little effort compared to what kodi devs put in and might help you and many others. 

From the information in your post I can only refer to the remark on premium chrissxuk has already made. However, it's no use trying itvhub 0.6.0 on current Nexus - It will crash kodi with Inputstream Adaptive 20.3.2 the moment you try to play a video. I'll try and get a version out that has at least that fixed.
(2023-01-17, 23:21)OTinley Wrote:
Quote:And added bonus I'm getting HD now on catch-up.

Indeed some movies are in 1080P, but most of the catchup content is at 720p.
@kereltje you may already be aware of this but I thought it was worth mentioning, and safe to do so since you've taken test links offline. 

I noticed from the test zip that 1080p streams for catch-up definitely do exist. They don't automatically come up though, but that's probably due to the wonders and of inputstream.adaptive.

Taking Coronation Street as my first example. The first selection of an episode oddly gave me 480, but I immediately stopped that and played again and got 720, and then it was always 720.

But try this, go to the settings of inputstream.adaptive and change stream selection type to "ask quality" and listed for Coronation Street is a 1080 stream, and indeed it plays in 1080. There is also a "fixed resolution" option and when I selected that I also got 1080 for Coronation Street, so I tested a few other shows.

Bad Girls S1E1 gave me 720, there wasn't a 1080 available when I checked with setting on "ask quality". The Bay S1E1 played 1080. Bradley Walsh Breaking Dad S1E1 played 1080. Hell's Kitchen S1E1 played 720, but again there wasn't a 1080 available in "ask quality". Hell's Kitchen S19E1 played 1080. 

From that short sample it appears changing the setting to "fixed resolution" gives you the best stream, but I'm not really sure what "fixed resolution" is actually doing.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITVhub0