Android Help migrating library from a Nas to a new Nas
Hello. I'm not american,
sorry for my average english...

- I use Kodi 19 with a NAS on Android TV.
- I have a large media library via the Scraper "Universal Movie Scraper" which goes to various folders on my NAS.
- I'm going to change NAS... And here is the problem...

I don't know how to:

1) Change all the folder paths to my new NAS (the structure will remain the same, just the name of the new NAS which changes)
2) Keep all current reading status (what is seen, currently playing...)

Thanks
(2022-09-30, 15:22)Seb007cbien Wrote: just the name of the new NAS which changes
Keep all current reading status (what is seen, currently playing...)

At this time, Kodi still stores the complete path to each video file into its database. So unless you have sufficient SQL skills to directly hack/change the database contents, it's best to first do a full video library export with the settings for watched statuses and resume points activated, so that nfo files are being created along your videos. After that, you can import the library setup from your new NAS.
(2022-09-30, 15:53)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-09-30, 15:22)Seb007cbien Wrote: just the name of the new NAS which changes
Keep all current reading status (what is seen, currently playing...)

At this time, Kodi still stores the complete path to each video file into its database. So unless you have sufficient SQL skills to directly hack/change the database contents, it's best to first do a full video library export with the settings for watched statuses and resume points activated, so that nfo files are being created along your videos. After that, you can import the library setup from your new NAS.
Hi.

Thanks.
I took a while to answer because I tried to modify with SQLite/DB Browser as I could see in another forum.
(I have never done SQL before)

- I made a new backup of all Kodi with the Backup extension which I use a lot.
- I edited the sources.xml file in the Config directory, with Notepad
- I searched and replaced all the IPs of my "old NAS" with the "new NAS" + registration
- I edited MyVideos119.db from the Database directory, with DB Browser
- I exported in SQL version
- I opened this SQL file with Notepad
- I searched and replaced all the IPs of my "old NAS" with the "new NAS" + registration
- I imported this new SQL in DB Browser
- I saved
- I put this new MyVideos119.db in the Database directory of my backup
- I performed a database restore with the Backup extension

=> Verdict = everything works! I can play my videos as before but with the new IP!

BUT... there is a problem anyway... I can't understand it and especially I can't solve it:

Some of my posters and+or some of my fanart have disappeared
Many are still present = and all is well.
Others are present = but in part (the fanart is present but not the poster, or conversely)

I don't understand why some work! For me it should be "everything" works or "everything" does not work, no ?
Do you have an idea to make me understand the problem?

Thanks
I answer myself, I solved the problem!

- I also edited the Textures13.db file from the database directory, which I hadn't thought to analyze
- Export to SQL file
- Opening with Notepad + replacing the IP info of the new NAS
- Save file
- Import into DB Browser, and save
- Moved the new Textures13.db to the Backup directory
- Restoration of the Backup database
- And... everything is OK !

Finally it requires little SQL knowledge with DB Browser.
The operation can be done in 1 hour I think!
There should be an official tutorial! Because we find a bit of everything for the news, especially what is complicated...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help migrating library from a Nas to a new Nas0