Important *** Requests for WIKI accounts
(2023-03-04, 02:32)DeltaMikeCharlie Wrote: I started the email confirmation process, however, I have not yet received the confirmation email
Why did you need to do that? Wasn't your email already confirmed?
Or are you saying that to change your password, it needs to be emailed to you?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your help again.

When I first logged in, I went into my user profile to have a look.  Normally I like to turn off excessive notifications, etc, so I was checking to see what the default settings were.

Under 'Email options' I saw that there were a number of settings, but that these were all greyed-out.  Above that there is an 'Email confirmation' section surrounded by a yellowish box and a message 'Your email address is not yet confirmed. No email will be sent for any of the following features.'

When I went in to edit a page, I got another message stating: 'You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.'

Based on the messages I received, it seemed necessary to validate my email address before I could update the Wiki page that I wanted to.

What is your recommended next step?
@DeltaMikeCharlie

Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately, looking at your experience and the experience of Gwyneth Llewelyn before you, there must be an issue with our email server.
@wsnipex has stated he will look into it when he returns from abroad, so it may be a few days still.

Mediawiki is really terrible for user management. It's almost non-existent, so I can't get in there and change passwords or email addresses if the email server is playing up.
Please bare with us until we sort out the problem.

thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen not a problem, it can wait.  Thanks for your help.
@Gwyneth Llewelyn
@DeltaMikeCharlie
@narcisgarcia

The problem has been looked at by @wsnipex and he has discovered hostname verification is failing.
He believes this has now been fixed and emails are being sent out again.
Could you please complete your registration process and let us know if you have any issues.
Check your spam folders for ... w e b m a s t e r at k o d i . t v
My Signature
@Karellen - Sorry, I have not looked at this thread recently.

This is still not working for me.  I have requested email confirmation probably about 4 times now since the issue first arose and I have not received a confirmation email yet.  I always check my spam folder, but there is nothing Kodi-related there.
(2023-03-30, 07:32)DeltaMikeCharlie Wrote: This is still not working for me
Have you checked after the date of my previous post?
My Signature
(2023-03-30, 08:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 07:32)DeltaMikeCharlie Wrote: This is still not working for me
Have you checked after the date of my previous post?
@Karellen - Yes, I checked again before making my previous post.
@wsnipex Wiki emails still don't seem to be working ^^
My Signature
@Karellen 
@wsnipex 

Thanks, all working now.

I received the webmaster's test message overnight.  I logged into the Wiki, re-requested email confirmation and it came through within about a minute.
great, thanks for the feedback
Great that its fixed now.
Thanks @wsnipex and @yol
My Signature
I too would like to have a Wiki account created, Thanks.
@jessicaworld

Could you please let me know the email address to add to the account and the username.
Because you have only just joined, you cannot PM me, so click the Report button on my post, select Other, then add the details there. I'll be notified once you do that.
My Signature
Hi, I would like to apply for a Wiki account!
I have already submitted my username and email through the REPORT button.
Thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
*** Requests for WIKI accounts0